Question on fuel light

4dGsR

nOOb ?
Ok.....I had a civic that never had a fuel light for when you were low on gas. I just got a GSR, which I see HAS a fuel light, but not sure it works. My needle is at the red mark on the gas gauge, yet the light has not lit up. Was wondering WHEN the hell it's gonna turn on. NO I dont have the manual. :???:

Baldy201

It should be on soon. If you go down a hill, the light will go on. I think that when the light goes on you have approx. 30 mi. to go. That is just a guess.

slikk

Money Getter
Baldy201 said:
It should be on soon. If you go down a hill, the light will go on. I think that when the light goes on you have approx. 30 mi. to go. That is just a guess.
yeah the fuel light comes on when you hit the reserve . its like a "float" in the tank when you first hit the reserve you might see it going on and off depending if you are a level surface or on a grade.

NOTE: dont try to see the light.. it will damage your fuel system

4dGsR

slikk said:
yeah the fuel light comes on when you hit the reserve . its like a "float" in the tank when you first hit the reserve you might see it going on and off depending if you are a level surface or on a grade.

NOTE: dont try to see the light.. it will damage your fuel system
right......i know its bad for your fuel system to run out of gas, I was just wonderin.......thanks for the responses tho