Questions I've thought up

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
1) I just recently noticed that when I accelerate faster than usual going into 3rd gear grinds just only when I go into it, otherwise if I go slow or just skip the gear it won't grind. I don't have tach so I can't give rpms. My question is, are my splines going bye bye on the trans?

2) I am about to do my hub bearing right rear, on a abs/rotor wheel. What do I need to do it, can I just hammer it out?

3) Where can I get carpet lining for under the carpet, so the space between the floor and carpet is not so much? Can I just use house under carpet stuff if u know what I mean?

4) Where can I get those circle things that hold the carpet to the floor boards, because mine rotted out?

5) Is there a how to to remove all of the abs wiring? I unhooked it since mine ceased working, it just hangs under hood looks bad.

6) Where can I get the window seals because my drive one is leaking bad?

7) Still trying to fix the tachometer any ideas? I get signal from the dizzy but it doesn't get to the cluster I think at least I might got the wiring setup wrong.

Last edited:

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
1) I just recently noticed that when I accelerate faster than usual going into 3rd gear grinds just only when I go into it, otherwise if I go slow or just skip the gear it won't grind. I don't have tach so I can't give rpms. My question is, are my splines going bye bye on the trans?

2) I am about to do my hub bearing right rear, on a abs/rotor wheel. What do I need to do it, can I just hammer it out?
1 are you on the gas when you shift?
2. and its easiest to press them out. and press them in.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
1) No I'm never holdin on the gas while shifting. I think whats happening is that now when I rev pretty high and go to shift the trans doesn't slow down enough for me to shift or something when going into third

2) Hm, would it be easier just to take the whole knuckle off then? because I know my uncles shop has a press but I could probably only use it with the knuckle off

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
take the knuckle off for sure. and i shift at 5k with no grinds so it could be syncros like jimmy said.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Will it get any worse if it keeps grinding for the split second that I shift or should I just drive like a granny for the rest of the transmission haa

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
learn its limits. and possible put syncromesh in it and see if that helps.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
synchromesh a gear fluid i'm assuming? It doesn't really grind THAT bad it just really noticeable because i'm the one shifting noone else feels or really hears it unless I really really rev it. I guess I could just drive like a granny or skip 3rd for while haha

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg

3rd gear grind is very common on our cars. You probably need a new syncro. You can try putting GM Syncromesh transmission fluid in her and see if it fixed the problem before you tear the trans out and replace the syncro.

From HT "For the back remove the dust shield for the nut. Then remove said nut and remove hub/bearing. If they are rear disks you will need to remove the caliper and rotor.

For the front remove the knuckle from the car including removing the brakes. Then press out the hub, remove the snap ring and press out the bearing. Installation is the reverse of removal."

3) Where can I get carpet lining for under the carpet, so the space between the floor and carpet is not so much? Can I just use house under carpet stuff if u know what I mean?

Home Depot? House stuff is probably fine.

4) Where can I get those circle things that hold the carpet to the floor boards, because mine rotted out?

Dealership or Home Depot.

5) Is there a how to to remove all of the abs wiring? I unhooked it since mine ceased working, it just hangs under hood looks bad.

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=4784 "i did it on minds ...you need to get the rs master cylinder both front brake lines and the proportioning vale total cost i spent was around 280 with the used master cylinder and the rest new parts"

Junkyard, Home Depot, Lowes, a dealership

7) Still trying to fix the tachometer any ideas? I get signal from the dizzy but it doesn't get to the cluster I think at least I might got the wiring setup wrong.

Autometer 10" tach. Jk! Check you're wiring with a wiring diagram and let us know what's up

Next time use the search button, most of these are answers found without making a new thread :D

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic

3rd gear grind is very common on our cars. You probably need a new syncro. You can try putting GM Syncromesh transmission fluid in her and see if it fixed the problem before you tear the trans out and replace the syncro.

From HT "For the back remove the dust shield for the nut. Then remove said nut and remove hub/bearing. If they are rear disks you will need to remove the caliper and rotor.

For the front remove the knuckle from the car including removing the brakes. Then press out the hub, remove the snap ring and press out the bearing. Installation is the reverse of removal."

Home Depot? House stuff is probably fine.

Dealership or Home Depot.

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=4784 "i did it on minds ...you need to get the rs master cylinder both front brake lines and the proportioning vale total cost i spent was around 280 with the used master cylinder and the rest new parts"

Junkyard, Home Depot, Lowes, a dealership

Autometer 10" tach. Jk! Check you're wiring with a wiring diagram and let us know what's up

Next time use the search button, most of these are answers found without making a new thread :D

2) So the rear is easy to do? without a press?

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
the front is pressed. if you notice when you are looking at rears that its the whole hub you have to buy. you cant just replace the bearing since an axle doesnt go through it.