radio, antenna acting up

rob-ert

when i start the car the radio does not light up and the antenna does not go up. then while driving it comes on and antenna goes up, everythings ok. then after a while its off then comes back on. seems like something must have a bad connection but where and what?

jdmteg08

it could be a couple things. you should make sure the ground wire to the stereo is on tight and not loose which kan cause the stereo to cut off and on as drive and hit little dips or any movement kan wiggle the wire. or t kan be a power wire which can cause a fuse to blow out. you should check all the wiring just to be safe. if the problem continues just pm me and i'll give you a walkthrough on the problem.:)

rob-ert

is the antenna controled by the radio (antenna moves when radio is on)
do you know about where that ground wire might be (is it hard to get to?)
do i need to pop the radio out (not sure how that is done, do you slide something down the side)

jdmteg08

yah the antenna is turned on when your stereo is on. theres a wire running to the antenna. the ground wire is behind the radio and is grounded to the metal peice of the car. and yes you need to remove the stereo and on my teg yah i have to kinda pry it out with a flat head. hope this helps. post some pics of what it does.