radio not working but everything else does work

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
okay guys and gals, i have an issue with my radio. I finally got my car back today after being without it for about 4 months. Drove like how i remembered, but the only issue is that my radio doesnt work.

Before you guys yell at me and say that the fuse is blown, both fuses are okay, the one under the dash and the one near the battery under the hood.

So my radio doesnt work at all, but i do see that there is a faint light fading from the power button. Everything else in my car works, including the clock and cig lighter. Oh and my amp doesnt not work either.

So i think my radio is destroyed. the fuse i found under the dash was a 30 amp for some reason and is should be a 15. So any suggestion guys? should i try and trouble shoot or should i just get a new stereo?

Stereo is a cheap dual and amp is a cheap dual too.

SoundEfx

I would check the ground and other power sources before trying another deck.

Time to take out the multi-meter.

Rich W

Often there is another fuse near the back of the radio itself. You need to pull the radio out of it's hole to find it. Sometimes it is a regular car type fuse in the back of the radio itself or it is an inline fuse in the power wire that connects to the radio. If you haven't, try checking that one.

Ganyon

You solved your problem. It's a cheap dual.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
I see. I guess I'm just gonna pull out the multi meter really quick and check to see if there is a stereo amp on it. Most likely the radio is dead.