"Real" Wheels

jasonh8806

I've looked around the website and couldn't find the answer so I thought I'd ask

When people talk about "real" wheels I assume they mean forged but I only know of a few brands that are in this higher end category. Is there any place to find a list of these higher end brands?

Currently I know some like:
Volk, Work, Advan, Buddy Club, 5Zigen, Enkei?

Any help is much appreciated!

94RS

No fucks given.
The only thing that I really know of is fakewheels.com. They compare the replicas to the wheel it's based on. I'd search on there to find what wheel is from what.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
"Real" is actually a stupid word to use for this topic and I'm trying to break myself of that same habit. I came from wheels that weren't replicas, but weren't track wheels; so imo, they fit this category. My old wheels, MSR, weighed 26 lbs; my new wheels weigh 11 lbs - huge difference. I track, so it's a bit more important for me, but aside from that, I love quality parts. Even if I didn't track, I would still want baller parts because I have an appreciation for quality.
Enkei is a great brand for the price. Not much more than Rota, if I remember correct. The only issue with the RPF1: Every other mother fucking car at the track has them; so I'm going a different route when I get a dedicated track wheel.
It's quality, plain and simple. Sure, those Nike knock-offs you got at the mexican mall look like the real deal, down to the stickers; but are they going to perform and last as proper Nike tennis shoes would? Sure, you may not be cross training in them or playing field hockey, but is it still something you would do to spend half the price?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i personally dont care if i have real or fake for the track. ill rock rotas why not? they come in way more sizees than you could ever imagine.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I'm too much of a loud mouth to rock Rotas now, hahaha. I'm kinda stuck even if I wanted to get replica parts

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I want someting not done to death, even for track wheels

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i dont care. I dont need to stand out, i dont care about what other people have. I just do what i want to do. You cant say you do because you just said you cant do certain things.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i would. Especially since i can spend extra on tires :] You know what wheel i want, but i cant afford. Maybe after i do my summer overhaul on the car.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I've looked around the website and couldn't find the answer so I thought I'd ask

When people talk about "real" wheels I assume they mean forged but I only know of a few brands that are in this higher end category. Is there any place to find a list of these higher end brands?

Currently I know some like:
Volk, Work, Advan, Buddy Club, 5Zigen, Enkei?

Any help is much appreciated!
A "real" wheel doesn't have to be forged. IMO, a "real" wheel is an orignal and not a copy of another wheel.

For example:

Real: Volk Racing TE37
Copy: Rota Grid

Real: Enkei RPF1
Copy: Konig Wideopen

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Is Konig really a "knock off brand"?
Konig do have some wheels that are original to their own designs, but they do also copy wheels like the CE28N and the RPF1. Unlike Rota where all the wheels on their lineup are copies of other original wheels.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
A "real" wheel doesn't have to be forged. IMO, a "real" wheel is an orignal and not a copy of another wheel.
That's a reason I'm trying to break the habit of saying "real"; it's very misleading and people get defensive, for good reason, when someone refers to their wheels as "fake". I prefer the term "replica" or "shit" wheel