Really need some help... CEL/SRS Issue

miKrodot

Mike Rolando
I bought my 06 RSX with a CEL and SRS issue. The SRS light is not as much of importance as the CEL. From what I know about the car, it was stolen before the previous owner had it, and whoever stole it took the engine and trans, full interior, and rims. It was a Type-S. It was recovered and with the help of a donor car now has a base model K20A3 engine and trans, cloth interior, and base model rims.

From what the previous owner told me, the codes that are showing up right now have nothing to do with the current engine. This leads me to think that the ECU currently on the car is from a K20Z1 and needs to be replaced with one from a 02-04 base model RSX. Would this be the first place to start? Starting to think maybe the previous owner was bullsh*tting and just didn't want to deal with all the issues. It's coming up with like 3 codes but the engine sounds and feels healthy.

I had the SRS light diagnosed at Honda today, and apparently the module isn't even communicating with the rest of the engine, so they can't actually read the code that is causing the SRS light.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. This is my second RSX, I had an 03 Type-S before this one. Here's a couple pictures of the old one, since everyone loves pictures. :lol:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ak75051siqs0phd/b25508d8-cc64-4f0d-8a35-39cafe2006fc_zpsda740caa.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34ff1qlq3fdjx6z/DSC00417.JPG?dl=0

Noneed2Hate

well if it isn't communicating well with the rest of the engine I'd imagine that wouldn't be a bad place to start.

biya

My srs has been on in my 02 for... well since about 2 days after i bought it (read as years lol). My reader wont pull codes from it either. But if the car was basically gutted, especially since they took the swap I'm willing to bet that the ecu was taken as well.

Do you know if the swap in the car was a complete swap or was it kitted together? (not sure but isnt the vin on the motor AND tranni? if so do they match?)

Also what codes is it throwing? (advance or autozone will read them for free!!!)