Removing Cruise Control Buttons from Steering Wheel

DB7ish

Well, I did my research and could not find an answer to this question. I'm replacing my tan steering wheel with another black OEM one, and since my cruise control doesn't work I figured I could just unplug the harness and unscrew the cruise control buttons from the steering wheel (haven't tried this yet but seen videos where they did it). But won't this leave a big gap on the side of the steering wheel that you'll see whenever you turn the wheel? Did they make a cover for non-cruise control equipped Integra steering wheels? Because I can't find any online. Am I missing something, or do I have something mixed up? Please enlighten me. Thank you.

Nick_C78

To my knowledge they don't make one. But...EG civic cap MIGHT work. do not quote me on that....Or you can make one out of ABS plastic......hahaha

94RS

No fucks given.
You mean this cover?

That cover actually snaps into another "filler" piece that screws onto the wheel where the cruise control sat.

DB7ish

You mean this cover?

That cover actually snaps into another "filler" piece that screws onto the wheel where the cruise control sat.
Wow, not really what I expected but it might work. Can I see a pic of how it looks from the front?

I thought it was crazy that they didn't make anything like that. I mean, it should be pretty easy for them to just make a little piece like they do for the cover on the other side.

I might also check out the EGs at the junkyard. I have to go back any ways to see if I can find a cover I missed from a DC over there.

Well, thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: I would sure hope it works... It's an OEM piece. My car's an RS, it never came with cruise control, that was in the place of it. It only looks fucked up because the wheel is disassembled and that piece isn't screwed in.

Last edited:

DB7ish

Yeah, it does looks good. Sweet. Now if only I could find one. Really haven't seen too many RS around. I'll keep trying ebay and the junkyards. Probably check out the EG wheel too. Thanks a lot 94RS. Really appreciate it.

94RS

No fucks given.
I have no use for mine anymore after I changed out the wheel. It's yours if you want it.