Renarudo's Build Thread

renarudo

Definitely would like to try that track sometime in the future. I looks to be abit longer in distance from though...guess it would be another road trip then!! Dammit Nick stop putting these thoughts of auto x in my head!!! I'm still trying to come down from this past weekend..lol.

99TegLs

If you're going to be tracking it a lot, I suggest some frame bracing (cheap =) ) look at stiffer bushings in critical areas, a nice set of wheels/rubber, and most importantly, a nice comfortable helmet!

Nick_C78

If you're going to be tracking it a lot, I suggest some frame bracing (cheap =) ) look at stiffer bushings in critical areas, a nice set of wheels/rubber, and most importantly, a nice comfortable helmet!
Nah, just drive that shit. You'll get everything else in time. Seat time trumps everything else. Although, I do agree that a comfortable helmet is ideal.

renarudo

Yeah I'm still researching a helmet for my big dome. I had to use an XL when I was there so trying to find something that fits.

renarudo

Where should I improve the bushings?? By frame bracing do you mean something like the ASR subframe brace? I only have a GSR front top strut brace for now, probably will replace it eventually. Thanks for the tips so far and I will keep up the progress!!

renarudo

Now my third gear is kinda having issues...kinda grinds/chirps when shifting above 3.5k rpms. Any suggestions on what I should do? GSR tranny swap or rebuild....or swap completely??

Nick_C78

How old is the tranny fluid and what fluid do you have? Track days are hard on tranny fluid. Especially if it is old or cheap shit.

renarudo

I changed it about <1 year ago. But one year I had it changed twice and it smoothed out considerably. Still just weighing my options.

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Hahaha that's awesome that you did streets of willow man! I'm sure you had a blast. I'll be going there on the 9th if your bored with a few members on here

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
nice hope you had fun!

I think ill make a general track discussion for all the track heads to bounce off ideas and stuff.

renarudo

nice hope you had fun!

I think ill make a general track discussion for all the track heads to bounce off ideas and stuff.
Cool. Can't wait, could definitely use some pointers on how to become faster and do sensible upgrades as well. I'm looking at getting some Federal Rubber on my ride with lighter rims.

renarudo

Suspension is acting up abit, feels loose and like rear of my car is swaying. Also going to change up rear lcas to hardrace or function7s.

renarudo

Update, still haven't got around to the suspension issue to do budget. I haven't really narrowed the scope of the issue. I think my coilovers couldn't handle SOW. Anyone like to chime in on what the problem could be aside from the possibility of the coilovers dying; though the way that the car handles when driving straight is becoming a strange sensation. If it is the case then I should I invest in Koni/GC or Koni/Tein springs since I hardly plan on adjusting the height of my suspension. Still I'm hoping its just my imagination folks. Oh, as added tangent I replaced the master window switch so my paronoa about it breaking has gone away. Otherwise no other updates folks. I will keep you up to date CI with my next track exploit/try hard day.

renarudo

Finally pulled the car in the alley out back and adjusted the height of front axle. I dropped it about 1/4" and now the front and rear have about a 2 finger gap. I didn't want to slam it because my job has a sharp incline to get in the parking lot. I will snap a few pics after work tomorrow. Also I test drove the teg and the swaying on the street is not there. Next step is the commute on the highway in the morning and hopefully this fixes it. Another update to come CI.