s2000 cluster project

konerri

well anyways, the teg will be park in the garage for winter starting this weekend so the engineering will begin tomorrow night.

konerri

i imagine the mounting is the easy part. i think the finding the right stuff for my build is the hard part. i don't just want the cluster surrounded by carbon. i want to cut out spots in the carbon for other digital meters like battery voltage, Oil temp, and a/r ratio. Problem is i don't think anyone makes small digital meters that will suit my likings so i may have to build them too. anyways already gave some clues to my first product.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
haha, i guess thats a fancy way to say it. i'm in the same program but electrical tech suits me :p

maybe we can conquer this mission together once i grab that degree. and can afford the equipment, haha

konerri

haha, i guess thats a fancy way to say it. i'm in the same program but electrical tech suits me :p

maybe we can conquer this mission together once i grab that degree. and can afford the equipment, haha
i plan to have this thing done before the spring. it's gona be my winter project. But hey, maybe we can be partners in future projects that i already have in mind.

tisguy

so the s2k gauges use an analog signal to convert into its display (in this case a square wave)... what does the integra use then? because you mentioned converting the signal.

I think this may very well be the coolest project.

edit: ok I read the beginning wrong haha. the dc uses a square wave signal from tranny to speedo, so a converter in place to match the rate from s2k gauge and tranny?

And then for temp gauge, another process to count obd2 temp to output the display.

Are you planning to use HDL to program the chip?

Last edited:

konerri

so the s2k gauges use an analog signal to convert into its display (in this case a square wave)... what does the integra use then? because you mentioned converting the signal.

I think this may very well be the coolest project.

edit: ok I read the beginning wrong haha. the dc uses a square wave signal from tranny to speedo, so a converter in place to match the rate from s2k gauge and tranny?

And then for temp gauge, another process to count obd2 temp to output the display.

Are you planning to use HDL to program the chip?

right, we want to convert a low frequency to a higher or lower frequency. don't know the exact conversion yet because i haven't even powered up the unit yet. for the temp it will be and A/D conversion which will be output as a PWM signal. got it? that's what that graph was for.

as for programming, i will be using the cyress programmer that comes with my kit.

tisguy

right, we want to convert a low frequency to a higher or lower frequency. don't know the exact conversion yet because i haven't even powered up the unit yet. for the temp it will be and A/D conversion which will be output as a PWM signal. got it? that's what that graph was for.

as for programming, i will be using the cyress programmer that comes with my kit.
gotcha, that's gonna be one of the most unique, and best way to apply a degree I've seen in awhile. I should go figure something cool to do after college lol.

konerri

my car jot jacked.......literally. I can't remember the last time my car was this high. Wait, it has never been this high before...my teg has gone to heights that few tegs have ever gone before.....

never realized how dirty my engine was until i took a picture

looks cleaner from the side

last shots of interior/gauge cluster....from here on there is no turning back....

and one for shits and giggles before she goes under the knife

Now that the fun is over, let WINTER PROJECT 2007 BEGIN

Last edited: