s2000 cluster project

konerri

OK this should be better

Until get a better speedometer, i will look into fixing the temperature problem

tisguy

time for an update again.

So far so good until today. Found out that the integra speedometer isn't very accurate. Reason i say this is because the s2000 gives you a digital readout(very accurate). Where as for the integra, i am eyeballing the reading off my ls speedometer. So, overall still good but may not be accurate to +/-4 percent of actual reality speed. Government requires all US cars to have that close of a tolerance.

As for generating a speed readout on the s2000 cluster, this was successful. here are some spec for the s2k cluster, the following information could not be found anywhere in the internet because I tried to look for something to compare too and can't find shit.

to get mph you must supply a 12v square, 20 percent duty cycle wave to the signal input at the rate of ....

speed(MPH) S2000(hrtz) Integra(Hrtz) Ratio(s2k/integra)
0 0-100 0 0

10 500 15 33.33333333

20 940 26 36.15384615

30 1340 38 35.26315789

40 1800 48 37.5

50 2230 59 37.79661017

60 2640 70 37.71428571

70 3090 80 38.625

80 3500 91 38.46153846

90 3910 101 38.71287129

100 4310 112 38.48214286

110 4810 123 39.10569106

120 5240 134 39.10447761

I am going to need a digital speedometer for an integra in order to finish to get specs to where i would like them to be. SO DOES ANY HAVE ONE THAT I CAN BUY FOR CHEAP OR BORROW?

Look at ratios and you can clearly see why a direct wire hook up to the integra VSS signal will not work.

Enjoy guys..... The only reason why i am giving out this information(could of kept it private) is for the better of our site and to promote the world of automotive electronics. Because when it comes to engine building, information is left and right but electronics are discussed, things are too quite.
damn that sucks. I'm trying to think up with another way of converting the signal.. I'll try checking with some other comp engi guys at school, they might have a better idea.

konerri

any one know the frequency of the s2000 ap1 ECT(water temperature) PWM frequency?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
so if i'm reading this right, the speedometer does work but you're trying to find the precise measurements of the frequency of both teg and sk2 speedometers? and you also need the temp frequency from a s2k?

Last edited:

konerri

so if i'm reading this right, the speedometer does work but you're trying to find the precise measurements of the frequency of both teg and sk2 speedometers? and you also need the temp frequency from a s2k?
yes, both speedometers work but it seems to me like the integra speedometer isn't as accurate as the s2000 meter, so i am trying to find a digital speedometer for a integra to get more precise data. therefore the converter that i will build will be more precise.

Yes I also need the temp frequency from an ap1 s2000. Because our cars use an analog signal(0-5v) and s2000 uses a digital signal. Once you have the signal frequency correct, I believe all that's left is to move the duty cycle back and forth according to your heat reading. I need to find this ECT frequency. Already tried this find it with a frequecy generator but no luck.

jdm jon

looks like alot of complicated work....should be worth it.

tisguy

I was thinking... since an analog signal is primarily just a wave, and the digital being comprised of binary, just explicitly convert each input signal into a binary value that could be displayed on the speedo.

maybe something like a case, and the clock would have a high frequency so on the rising edge it would be checking the input constantly.

Just taking a shot in the dark.

konerri

I was thinking... since an analog signal is primarily just a wave, and the digital being comprised of binary, just explicitly convert each input signal into a binary value that could be displayed on the speedo.

maybe something like a case, and the clock would have a high frequency so on the rising edge it would be checking the input constantly.

Just taking a shot in the dark.
Well that didn't work, already tried that like in the early stages(currently losted count of which stage i am in).

Well forget the speedo for now because i've already gotten it to work....all i need now is the pwm frequency for temp out put on the s2000.

GSratedR

Rated R
omg i was so bored just now in between classes. i was just looking around and now i have no idea why i missed this. i just wet myself i got so exited! this is one of the most interesting projects i have seen in a long time. keep it up that is gonna look so friggin ill whenever you finish.**verry nice**.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
that's so cool.

I wish I knew more about electricity to try and help you guys out... I only know how to connect wires and put pieces in... I don't know the whole computer workings, but if there is ANYTHING that I can do let me know.

This is so awesome! You definitely have my respect and attention. lol