s2000 cluster project

konerri

yah...... no updates IN A MONTH?!?!?!?!!!? :wtf: lol seriously tho i love the project
hey don't worry about it....i plan on spending the upcoming weeken on this. Plus this is my "Winter project of 2007-2008" and last i recalled, i still have about 2 month left.

But yeah i been thinking about other things lately. Right now actually i am trying to work out some electrical timing issues and power issues.

Patience my man, i am only the first guy in the world who's doing this and giving out information for free. I am the third guy(that i know of) that is attempting this project. Also, i am the first guy who doesn't own a shop, who is doing this.

But yeah, i always finish all the projects that i start. But sometimes, i am just lazy(U are lazy 2, admit it) and need little pushes like this to get me going again. So thanks.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
im bouta purchase a s2k cluster + plugs soon so i'll join you on the project :thumbup:

konerri

im bouta purchase a s2k cluster + plugs soon so i'll join you on the project :thumbup:
please do.

Today is the official day of working for your serlf by my self. So will update on everything later today.

bigcalidave

hey don't worry about it....i plan on spending the upcoming weeken on this. Plus this is my "Winter project of 2007-2008" and last i recalled, i still have about 2 month left.

But yeah i been thinking about other things lately. Right now actually i am trying to work out some electrical timing issues and power issues.

Patience my man, i am only the first guy in the world who's doing this and giving out information for free. I am the third guy(that i know of) that is attempting this project. Also, i am the first guy who doesn't own a shop, who is doing this.

But yeah, i always finish all the projects that i start. But sometimes, i am just lazy(U are lazy 2, admit it) and need little pushes like this to get me going again. So thanks.
Hi guys, I'm the actual distributor of the only working commercial converter that lets you use an s2000 cluster in any car, or use the 05+ k series transmissions in any pre 05 car...

I'm not trying to hate on your effort here, I wish I had known someone like you two years ago when I got the converter working in the first place. But you are simply lying when you say that you are the only person giving out information for free. I spend a lot of time every day helping a ton of people make this cluster work in their car. You quote MY wiring guide in your post. Instead of all the work you are putting into this you could have spent less money and bought a working version, which is made in the USA and is made by a small business which relys on customers and customer service. I also don't own a shop. I wanted an s2000 cluster in my car back in 05, and nobody could make one work. So I found the right person, and spent months working prototypes and making one that worked. Now we have a commercial version, which I am the sole distributor for because the company which makes them specifically for me understands that I should be able to make a little something for my work.
You say you are going to give out the "solution" for free? For what, people to go buy a proto board kit and program themselves?
You aren't the third guy trying to make this work, you are probably the 30th, and if you get yours working, you would be the 121st person who has the s2k cluster in a non s2k car... Sorry, it's been done.

Anyone interested in a great source of info on this conversion, and how to get it done quickly and painlessly, check out www.dscustoms.com . All the wiring guides, help and instructions you need are posted there.

Thanks!
Dave

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
bigcalidave said:
You aren't the third guy trying to make this work, you are probably the 30th, and if you get yours working, you would be the 121st person who has the s2k cluster in a non s2k car... Sorry, it's been done.
ouch.... :shock: I still think your project is kick ass and cant wait to see it finished

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
wow...

First, why did you join if you're going to be a dick.

Second. Get the fuck out.

bigcalidave

I didn't join to be a dick, I just don't think the misinformation is appropriate. I worked very hard to make this happen, I'm not a large corporation trying to take advantage of everyone. I'm just a hobbyist who saw a niche and jumped in, mostly to help others succeed with the conversion, and making a few bucks on the side always helps in a horrible economy. I wouldn't have even replied if I didn't see that line about being the first, third, etc. I have always helped everyone I could with all sorts of technical and electrical problems on these projects, for no compensation. I thought it was nice that I found a useful product I could provide at a good price.

blueDAteg

then help this guy out. he obviously has some questions that need answering, so instead of being Mr. Macho coming on here and putting this guy down, why not try to help him.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^x2.

Congrats your good at what you do... I like to fix cars, so I'll put help out where I can.

konerri

WAIT A MINUTE.....HOLD ON BUDDY....not trying to take over the world or any thing so go tell the president that i am cool and theres not threat over here. I am just trying to build a little converter box that does everything i need and tell the whole world. So i have a computer science degree, so what. But i am a follower of the underground world of non-windows and non-Macs, The world where all information is FREE(programs, games and more programs) and people HELP OTHER PEOPLE OUT and everyone contributes to the pool of information. But We do charge for labor.

As for my first posts, i never said that i did all of that research by my self and i do not take the credit for it. I said that i found it online on other forums. Besides, I could of easily found all that information on ALLDATA and connect some wires. Not hard to do. Your wiring tutorial does help but some of the connections were wrong. Had to figure them out myself. Plus, its not like you anyone can copyright/patent a "wiring diagram" that interconnects to other wires.:what: Not taking any credit and not giving any credit to where/whom it is not due. Man, this topic is just stupid to even talk about.

As for the DIY. Yes all parts, instructions, etc... will be displayed freely but it will be up to the end builder/user to buy them. As for programming these modules, it is rather simple and i believe an average computer user can program something if your walk them though it. HENCE DO IT YOURSELF (DIY) guilds. Never underestimate the power of a person who's willing to learn. Did you know how to work your myspace page the first time around...didn't think so....but with some help, you became a pro.:thumbs up

To be completely honest, i was going to buy one of your converters a about a year ago but saw too many negative feedback on late, super late shipping. So i backed out and decided to start this. And wat-do-ya-no, your on my thread.

$150+ for a 50 dollar piece of electronics that doesn't do anything but counts then transmits a 12 square wave. Dude cell phones now-a-days go for $30 with camera included. Then another 70 for the temp converter. This is a lot of Bull Sheit if you ask me.

Also, i like to add, its been two years since you and maybe another person developed your converter and still no major improvements. Still haven't incorporated the temp problem into your existing product. People have to go buy two converters, WTF. What's going on over there .

As for being the first guy to attempt AND give all information out for free. I believe i still am.

Skip my normal visit to clubintegra for a couple of days and look what happens. People thinks its the end of the world.

Dude you need to CHIL-LAX big time so go into that corner behind you and take a couple of chill pills. Sit back and relax as the new kid breaks the "mystery" wide open for the world to see.

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
fucking eh man... finally came back to san diego from AZ... the dude sold it... bo0o0o :thumbdown

bumps for konerri for the DIY! keep it up bro :thumbup:

konerri

alright this is an update.... Remember on my table, how i only displayed up to 120@5,200 hertz? Well that was because some of my chips that i was using was maxed out at that point. So it was time to upgrade. My newer chips can transmit speed up to i think 15,000 hertz.

i always wondered what the top speed of the cluster was...so i max it out with my newer chips. turns out the cluster can is capable of 190 @ 8300 hertz. so yeah was i little disappointed when the 190 came up and froze there, even as i kept on upping the generator speed. So the cluster is capable of seeing past 190 but honda has it programmed not to display over 190.

Not likes it going to matter much for 99.99 percent of us but yeah if you're car can break 190 MPH then this cluster may not be for you.

But there was a reason for this test though....i didn't waste time doing this for no reason. I was hoping that the cluster can display up to at least 250 - 270 MPH. My original plan was to have the cluster display the water temp instead of the speed(input of engine coolant temp(ECT) signal into microproccesor with A/D then output with corresponding frequency to give you the correct digital temperature on the speedo's location). So in other words, forget about the stupid 6 bar temperature indicator. Cool right? Off course i was going to a button so you can switch back and forth between "Speed mode-display speed" and "ECT mode-display ECT" Let's face it if you are on the track(strip, autoX, circuit, etc..), your speed isn't as important as your ECT. Well god dam it i guest this idea has backfired since ECT can reach 240+ degrees. Wait a tick....tick....tick....tick....(huge light bulb in head turns on)...190 MPH = 300KM/H. I guest this idea will work. All the user has to do is when they switch to the "speed mode" and "ECT mode" they will have to also remember to switch from MHP to KM/H . Or you can just keep the cluster in KM/H if your JDM enough. The cluster even tells you what speed setting(MPH or Km/h) you are on. Well that's one uppercut for the free world.

here are a couple of pictures.

Where it all does down- my room/lab.

My USB scope

Should have more updates along the week. I should of gotten more done during the weekend but didn't have the time.

konerri

Last major piece to the puzzle is found

Yes at last. OK, so with the no feedback from multiple web sites and forums on the topic of the s2K ECT signal, i decided ask a friend of mine to lend me his S2K ap1for a day. Should of just done this a while back.

The rumor of a PWM signal which is used to generate an analog voltage from an RC filter circuit is not true. Or at least i don't believe it to be true. Because i took my cluster apart to look at the circuit and hoped to find an RC filter circuit which consists of a resistor and capacitor in parallel. I found some resistors but no capacitor. LOOK that the diagram below, this is what i found when i looked at the circuit of just the ECT input line as it leads up to a microprocessor.

So PWM theory is highly unlikely. Anyways did this about a week ago to help find some clues, which confused me even more n etc....

So time to start over. Grabbed an S2K and measure the shit. It's amazing what you can discover with a oscilloscope. Turns out from what i can tell, it counts 5v pulses . It is a variable frequency signal which is very different from a variable duty cycle. Which is very similar to the speedo characteristic. I am not done with the testing but the ranges of frequency are....

cold engine-basically at room temperature @ 60 hertz

as the engine came to heat you can see the frequencies increase and by lot too. so far I've seen frequencies in the 3000 - 4000 range.

So the hotter the engine gets the higher the ECT frequency gets. Makes since to me.

Now the last major piece of the puzzle is solved. Time for the last minor piece of the puzzle. i still need to related actual temperature to frequency to be generated. I will need an diagnostic reader to do this.

So stay tuned....

Last edited:

nine78guy

SORRY, I AM a donkey ASS!.

From the looks of things, you did join just to be a dick. GTFO.
I did follow up on ur thread on ht. I don't know wtf you are up to, but it seems you screwed over a lot of people with your so call "converters." Some people waited 2 months or even longer for a converter, if they even got one. This new guy "yella" or "yellow" is also doing the same shit as you. my brother is not trying to make and sell units at a mass scale like you and screwing people over. He is simply trying to develope a converter and share the information with people that wants to "do it themselves." If you don't want to play nice, I suggest you GTFO.