s2000 cluster project

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
i bought an s2k cluster not too long ago for 60bucks, if this thing gets going, i wouldn't mind swapping it into my teg :)

plummo_vtec

I was getting rather excited by this and now nothing I've even pm'd some of you in this thread and nothing is it dead in the water

quick_spider

I was getting rather excited by this and now nothing I've even pm'd some of you in this thread and nothing is it dead in the water
There's been nothing new for a while, but 95% of the info is here. I started off as a complete newbie to PIC's and now my S2000 clocks are almost there.

Orthello's ECT code was missing config (as stated), and I couldn't get his VSS code I just couldn't get to work at all - ended up adapting Kschwiggy's code (counting pulses every 1/8 second and adjusting the PWM output accordingly) and it worked for me.

I've bricked my 93C56 Odometer chip on my JDM clocks trying to enable the km/mph switch - think my EEPROM programmer doesn't work with it, so waiting on a new one which does support it to try and bring it back to life.

Just that and the fuel gauge left for me to sort then I'll install them in my car.

I'm planning on putting ICSP headers in the circuit to allow easy reprogramming of the PIC's (for calibration)

For what it's worth, I'm using a PICKIT 2 for programming the PIC's and Proton IDE to program in PICBasic.

Jon

Last edited:

piroman

Hello, someone have what's the ect singal specs in S2000 AP2 cluster gauge?
I build a VSS converter and it's OK but i have a problem with ECT. Specs for ECT signal with AP1 gauge is not ok for AP2 :/

jason.az1

I'm lost!
ehh, S2k cluster isn't all that great I had a fully functional one in my 96 coupe using the conversion boxes.
and it was cool but it got boring fast I personally would rather have a normal cluster or something
plus doing a burn out and watching the needle bouncing is great but boring with the s2k cluster lol

But I give you 2 thumbs ups for not buying the conversion boxes and making your own cluster work!

stereo

Hate to bring up a old thread but I cannot seem to fine the Diagram fot the ECT converter using the 12F675 PIC

quick_spider

There is no diagram. The code for the chip (which isn't complete) tells you which are the input/output pins and the datasheet shows which pins are 5v and 0v.

koj

Can someone post his 93C56 backup rom. Mine is bricked and I don't have any file to program a new one. Thanks.

quick_spider

Can someone post his 93C56 backup rom. Mine is bricked and I don't have any file to program a new one. Thanks.
There's a hex dump of one earlier in the thread.

Let me know if you have any luck with it - I bricked by Odometer trying to change the km/mph toggle. I've tried uploading the hex dump from earlier but it doesn't make any difference. I'm not sure if my chip programmer works correctly...

Jon

WorkInProgress

Is it possible for someone to send me a list of everything they think I need to do this conversion to my 1993 teg ls?? And do you think its possible to get these items from a honda dealership. Happen to work at one.

koj

There's a hex dump of one earlier in the thread.

Let me know if you have any luck with it - I bricked by Odometer trying to change the km/mph toggle. I've tried uploading the hex dump from earlier but it doesn't make any difference. I'm not sure if my chip programmer works correctly...

Jon
I did try, but with no luck either. I lost odometer on my display so I'm trying to fix it. I thought that chip died but have nothing to put on the new one. Anyone have something that could help us? :)