Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Man that looks like fun... sounds good too. I bet you're glad to have that cage pushing that hard.
I felt safe enough with the roll bar actually. I was really noncommittal on making this a full blown race car or making it a half assed race car. Im actually happier i have the 5lb bottle of halon next to me lol.

You really need to figure out how to get on the HPD team for the 25 hours of thunderhill man! Honda has one of the best camps there.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
what tires are you running? just curious, the Yokohama S-drives I have are alright but they don't feel grippy enough.
NT01s. Theres a lot of things that go into grip of a tire that ive gathered over the last few years while working at a race shop.
1. heat cycles effect the grip. Tires can only go from hot to cold so many times, and max temp also affects this.
2. storage of the tire - tires typically shouldnt be stored in cold places for long periods of time. I tend do keep my race tires in my office.
3. tires you drive on every day dont make good track tires (refer to #1).
4. weather and UV index / track temp have things to do with grip
5. all tracks react differently to tires - Buttonwillow typically gets greasy after lunch and Buttonwillow isnt great for sticker tires. We found the track is faster on 1 heat cycled tires where as thunderhill is fastest on stickers.

Nick_C78

[YOUTUBE="Super Lap Battle"]zDzU5422iW8[/YOUTUBE]
You would gain a lot of time if you committed to throttle before each apex. You seem like you want to throttle on before apex but then you feather it for some reason. Also you can wide open through bus stop. It'll feel weird and may slide a little but there's a lot of track. Your entry to Riverside is too early. Hang a wide line a little longer and gradually turn in. Your current line is what I used to do and it causes you to push out towards the left side dirt which kills speed. That's what I'd work on for now if I were you

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Hopefully this will be me in the next few months also. Though I think I'm going with a K24 instead.
I wouldnt mind a 24, but the 2.4 blocks are limited in nasa at least in H2.

Glad to see you are still ripping it!
Yeah man the plan is to do more local events this year and maybe SLB again.

Makes sense, when are you plodding the swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
probably later than sooner. The build i want to do is expensive lol.
Actually you can do a k20/k24 build but you have a limit on the compression. I forgot about that rule. But i rather have a k20.