Scam Alert, Totally Modified in Orlando

DC2-Integra

Your Moms Boy Toy
Scam Alert, Totally Modified Orlando

(this is posted on a local forum here in orlando)

SCAM ALERT! Totally Modified in Orlando

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am posting this to save others from losing money by being scammed by this local business. They sold me a bad motor and refused to refund my money as stated in their warranty.

Totally Modified in Orlando, Florida sold me a blown Honda B16A motor, after telling me " Oh, it's been run and compression checked - that's why we warranty our motors. We are one of the only companies that do that." This was what the owner Shazam and his sidekick Ryan told me before I bought the motor from him near the end of August.

Finally a few weeks ago the guys at ICON finished the install, only to do a compression check on the motor and find that cyl 2 and 4 had ZERO compression AND with bad rod bearings! Not to mention the motor they sold me had a bad VTEC solinoid and bad distributor!

So I go back to them and said I would like my money back, and at first they refused saying it was a week past the 30 day warranty. I argued saying they sold me a bad motor to begin with, and that it didn't matter whether it was 10 days,30 days or 36 days (as in my case) they should still honor the warranty. Still they refused, and finally said they would exchange the motor.

At this point I'm already out several HUNDRED DOLLARS in labor and parts and these guys said they would not pay for any of that. So I asked again for a full refund, unless the would guarantee the next motor was perfect. Well they said they would not do that, so again I demanded a refund.

Finally, after an hour they agreed to refund my full amount and they would pick up the blown motor.

This morning they came by ICON to pick up the bad motor and drop off my check. An hour later I get a phone call from Shazam (Totally Modified owner) and Ryan telling me there are several parts missing from the motor (VTEC solinoid - which was bad to begin with, injectors and a knock sensor). So I called ICON, and they said sorry and overlooked the injectors and sensor and said no problem they would get them back to Totaly Modified.

Well Shazam and Ryan now changed thier minds and said they don't want their bad motor and that they "would not honor the warranty".

When I called Shazam back to find out what was going on, he was very rude, and just being a jerk cutting me off and not letting me speak. Saying that he woud not refund any of my money. I told him then I want the bad motor returned to the shop in one piece asap.

So that was that. Moral of the story? Don't trust small time engine dealers who promise you great deals!

I will have to say a HUGE thank you to John and Jason at ICON in Maitland for helping me out and finding me a good motor. If it wasn't for them I'd still be out of a motor!

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
thats some major bs i would flip a lid if i was him shit they would have more than and angry call from me

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
First Off You Should Never Trust Some One Named Shazam ......take Them To Cort .. Bro Small Claims ... If I Was You I Would Find Out Where They Are Located And Post Up Big Signs About How They Cheated You ... Fuck That .. Next Time I Am Down Your Way ... I Am Going To Pay Them A Visit ... Yo All I Am Saying Is You Better Not Let Them Get Away With That Shit... Yo Post Up Their Phone Number I Got Some Mad Friends That Will Bug Them All Day .... Dam Yo Shit Like That Pisses Me Off

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
Lol Thats The Spirt Break Da Windows And Get Your Self A H22 :) Why Not Just Get A K20 ...lol

Totally Modified Automotive
943 W. Taft Vineland Road, Suite E
Orlando, FL 32824
(407) 515-1511

I THINK THATS THEM ..LOL

Last edited:

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Na just get a U-haul and some friends and get engines for ALL of us, hell ill go down there and help you, get me a B20 block for my civic :twisted:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
cabezzzdb8 said:
Na just get a U-haul and some friends and get engines for ALL of us, hell ill go down there and help you, get me a B20 block for my civic :twisted:
I'd like a JDM B18C5...please! :twisted: jp

speedin

The Transporter
ok so lets get all the people in orlando together and set up a raid. and btw, to late i get the k20a2