Security Main Relay Kill Switch

enoch723

My favorite killswitch: Your car will not start unless the cruise button is activated. If cruise button is not on, the horn blows when you attempt to crank.
That might be what I do now since its outside my window. Lol. And I normally would be careful saying that kind of stuff online but no one on here knows where I live or anything close and I am in the process of selling the car anyways. I think with my civic I will have to do something crazy because it doesnt have anything electronic in it

Ive thought of doing a series of switchs but that kind of stuff is pretty easy to over ride if a single switch is found. The really key is having the entire wiring hidden. All it take for a thief to over ride a kill switch is the power wire from the fuel pump which 90% of the time is yellow. Thats why I moved the entire wiring and factory wrapped everything

Last edited:

dlo253

I heard of somebody making it so the horn button had to be pressed while starting the car... what thief is gonna try some s*** like that?? Hahaha..

X2 on wire modifications. They won't know wtf to do if they can't find the damn harness lol. Or the "proper" color wire. As long as you know what's what, that's all that matters.

Last edited:

enoch723

I heard of somebody making it so the horn button had to be pressed while starting the car... what thief is gonna try some s*** like that?? Hahaha..
This would be really hard because the horn isnt an on off button, im guessing they made it a ground for the starter.. but thats not exactly easy to do because its going to be a bug gauge wire and the horn might not hold that kind of power through it. Im going to try figuring out something like this it sounds fucking awesome

dlo253

Yeah exactly, must be held down. Idr if they made it a starter kill. Can't say I would recommend that, due to the big wire needed, as you said...

junior1023

Sorry for the bump, just wanted to clarify a quick question. I assume the whole first portion of this thread a pics is the use of the second main relay to get 1 wire out of it to use later if needed to reverse it, correct?

So If I wasnt worried about that, all I would need to do for the killswitch would be cut the black wire on my main relay and wire in the switch correct? Then I could still relocate it as high as it can reach in the dash?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
no the whole thing with the second main relay is to be used as a dummy.

dlo253

Correct. Best way is to actually add your own ground wire, then tuck away the stock one. Just in case the switch ever fails you won't be stranded.