shipping a car

Trix

well i found out that my mom is taking her truck to kauai, and i figured since my DA has been in the family since it was new, i was wondering how much it would be to ship the car from oklahoma to kauai??

or would it be cheaper to drive the car to Cali and then have it shipped to kauai??
any thoughts guys?

Trix

ok i will just seeing if someone has done it before and can remember the price

BruceW11

You may ship it directly from your source place with affordable deal. Just go for reverse style auction deal. Many movers bid on your move that ultimately drives down the price. Idea to drive a truck to CA would be not a great idea as it will become unwanted hassle.

phenom3030

I've shipped my teg from Honolulu to California before. This was back in '04. It cost about $900. Check out "Matson shipping" they are one of the very few companies that transport cars to/from HI. Add in shipping between CA and OK and Oahu to Kauai and I'm sure it'll be more.
IIRC you can see the rates on Matsons website.

Trix

ok from what you are saying phenom is that it would be better to sell the teg and pick one up on the islands, or even in cali?

phenom3030

I'm not saying that per se... If its in awesome condition, you guys are the only owners, I may just hold on to it. Or even store it while you're away if possible. It all depends on what it means to you and how much you're willing to spend.

Trix

well just got a quote from dallas to kauai, which is 3700 bucks, and from cali to kauai its roughly 1100 but for that i may as just sell it and buy another one, shit maybe get a newer one, where i can get to the fuel pump haha, even a nice stanced DB would work to

Trix

that was for 2 cars, and i think that they add in the weight of the car to im not sure tho