Shocks, Struts?????????????????? help

Isconversion

When you replace the stock springs is it good to replace the stock struts with better shocks?...............Do shocks replace struts to begin with?..........Do the aftermarket shocks help smoothen the ride?

Darrell

Yea when you replace your springs you should replace too with some nice aftermarket shocks such as tokico or koni shocks ;)

If you have any more questions hit me up

heepashet

I'm sure it probably helps your ride out a bunch, but I replaced only my springs and kept the stock struts and have no problems at all with it. the ride isn't bouncie at all and it sticks to corners really well still hardly ever bottoms out.

I've asked a few people that sell parts and they gave me a surprising answer. That the stock struts are good enough to last you a long time without replacing them when you replace the springs. And I would have thought they'd tell me to buy new struts jsut so they could get another sale out of me :p

Aphex

Yeah, honestly, the stock shocks/struts can handle almost every spring/drop for x ammount of time. However, your still better off upgrading both.

I have heard of people lasting 100k+ mileage on 1.5+ inch drops and stock shocks. Id still rather have some Koni Yellow's though ;)

Isconversion

Thanks

Ok, thanks for the info. I am probably going to do the suspension and rims last. I have the stock rims on now and I am in the process of all the body work. Ive got a sick conversion on the way and I like to focus on one part of my project at a time. I think its better to do it that way so you know you didnt half-step on your car.

Ground control ?
Eibach ?
Skunk 2 ?

heepashet

I'd like to get some tokiko struts. I've been riding on my stock struts with a 2.3" lowering. The struts are still holding up perfect. I could just use some sway bars to stop my body roll

Isconversion

Body roll

So what exactly is body roll and how would tower bars or strut bars help?

heepashet

Dunno if I'm wrong on this cause I dunno shit about suspension really but as I understand Struts and sway bars will stiffen you up to reduce roll. Roll is when you're taking turns fast and it feels liek your car is tilting and that makes you slide. You dont' want to tilt too much so that you stick down good but you don't want to be too stiff cause then your car will probably be hopping around turns.... anybody else help out maybe with this and clarify anything I've said wrong?