Should i go into detailing?

sylvaner01

as long as it interests you man do what your heart tells you to do (corny i know) but thats exactly what my dad did which happend to make him a million air, what ever you decide good luck bro.

JGvtec

Thanks guys. what are prices by you for detailing im just wondering?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
you gotta be careful with cars and peoples possessions, you should have insurance, theres alot to think about running a business, it can be rewarding as hell but its a hella lot of work in the beginning and alot of sacrifices, hard work always pays off handsomely;)

Rich-PMS

Every area is going to have differant rates. Also- detailing a Mercedes will fetch more money than a Honda.

Www.vistaprint.com
get yourself business cards- give them to everyone! But make sure your car is ALWAYS clean. I do detailing on the side also, I do a thorough hand wash, claybar, and wax for 80$ takes me roughly 3 hours :)

JGvtec

Every area is going to have differant rates. Also- detailing a Mercedes will fetch more money than a Honda.

Www.vistaprint.com
get yourself business cards- give them to everyone! But make sure your car is ALWAYS clean. I do detailing on the side also, I do a thorough hand wash, claybar, and wax for 80$ takes me roughly 3 hours :)
Than's for the support rich. Its something ive always liked doing as you can tell.

JGvtec

Help with pricing.

Id say $150 for full inside and outside plus another $50 for engine bay or engine bay alone $80
Im needing to compete with the rest. i looked up for a detail show thats 15 minutes away and a complete is starting at 100.(yea, i know)

I came up with some numbers and stuff yesterday. someone tell me how it looks. the numbers are just ball park.

#1 WASH

HAND WASH WHOLE CAR.
COMPLETE VACUUM.
CLEAN WINDOWS INSIDE AND OUT.

CAR-15
TRUCK-20

#2 WASH

HAND WASH WHOLE CAR.
COMPLETE VACUUM.
SPRAY DETAILER EXTERIOR.
CLEAN WINDOWS INSIDE AND OUT.

CAR-25
TRUCK-30

#3 WASH

HAND WASH WHOLE CAR.
COMPLETE VACUUM.
INTERIOR SPRAY DETAILER.
SPRAY DETAILER EXTERIOR.
DRESS TIRES.

CAR-40
TRUCK-45

#4 WASH

HAND WASH WHOLE CAR.
COMPLETE VACUUM.
INTERIOR SPRAY DETAILER.
ENGINE BAY CLEAN.
CLAY BAR.
POLISH.
WAX.
DRESS TIRES.

CAR-70
TRUCK-80

Prozon

Kris
Hey Jordan, I just looked at your pricing there.
IMO the prices for engine bay/truck seem a little odd.

My thoughts for that are:
1.) My engine bays SUCK. My truck's is full of mud, and my Integra's is full of.. well.. dirty grimey uglyness lol.
2.) Does pricing go up depending on truck's cleanliness? Once again, my truck is off-road only, so it's got like 400 pounds of mud on it, and in it, when i'm done. :D

I was just thinking, pricing should be higher depending how bad it really is lol. I mean a "somewhat dirty" car could take say two hours to clean, while a REALLY dirty car could take 6 hours. Get what i'm saying?

Then again I know nothing of detailing, just my two cents.
(My detailing includes a shop vac or a pressure washer.) :D

Last edited:

rexpepper123

your prices are to cheap. here 120 is standard for your bottom wash and detail along with buff and wax and carpet shampooing

JGvtec

Hey Jordan, I just looked at your pricing there.
IMO the prices for engine bay/truck seem a little odd.

My thoughts for that are:
1.) My engine bays SUCK. My truck's is full of mud, and my Integra's is full of.. well.. dirty grimey uglyness lol.
2.) Does pricing go up depending on truck's cleanliness? Once again, my truck is off-road only, so it's got like 400 pounds of mud on it, and in it, when i'm done. :D
I have not update this thread because people stopped commenting on it. I changed the pricing also i decided not to do engine bay cleaning. There too much stuff to fuck up. The whole thing was depending on how the car is when i get it the price might stay the same, like say its just dusty i would charge normal price. It its like dirty with crap all over it price will go up. Same with the inside.

Here are my update pricing. Let me know.
P.S thanks for checking my thread Kris. ;)

#1 HAND WASH

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
45 MINUTES
20 CARS/ 25 TRUCKS

#2 HAND WASH/ HAND WAX

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
APPLY WAX AND REMOVE BY HAND
1.5 HOURS
45 CARS/ 55 TRUCKS

#3 MACHINE WAX

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
BUFF AND WAX VEHICLE WITH MACHINE.
2.5 HOURS
85 CARS/ 95 TRUCKS

#4 COMPLETE DETAIL

VACUUM INTERIOR
WASH WINDOWS
HAND WASH AND DRY
CLEAN WHEEL WELLS
CLEAN WHEELS AND TIRES
DRESS TIRES
BUFF AND WAX VEHICLE MACHINE
CONDITION SEATS
SHAMPOO ALL RUGS AND MATS
3.5 HOURS
130 CARS/ 145 TRUCKS

rexpepper123

thats the ticket. you should do it man my brother worked for a toyota dealership for a very long time and now hes working on opening his own detailing shop. its not to complicated at all. you seem to like the work and it isnt hard labor at all if you were closer id like to be your first customer lol

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
if its something you love doing then do it!
this would be a great starter job to get you into the business, and one day you can open up a whole chain of detailing places!
and ur prices are very good! the places around here charge 100 for the basic stuff