Skunk2 Help

physchomoon

Hi everyone, i just bought a few skunk2 products for my 98 acura integra gs and was wondering if anyone knew how much increase in HP i should be expecting. I bought the skunk2 alpha b series header, mega power R 70mm catback exhaust and also the pro series manifold and 70mm throttle body. Please give me an idea. Thanks in advance! =)

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Like, maybe 4 :p 70mm is MASSIVE if you're just putting it on an all stock car... And wrong section to put this in btw :p

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
zero HP gains

BECAUSE:
the Alpha header wont fit the stock cat nor the mega power header. The Alpha header is a RACE HEADER based on the MEGAPOWER header so it has a 2.5" and is a different length so it wont fit directly. Secondly What prompted you to have a 70mm tb? The inlet to the Skunk2 TB is only 65mm so you need to bore the manifold. You wont see any gains, probably more losses in power and run...either super rich in closed loop and probably really lean in open loop. Neither of which are good. You will lose power between 4300-5600 because of the lack of an IAB.

TYPICALLY a GSR with bolt ons is in the 160-165 range from the 140whp stock. Notice these are WHP numbers and not BHP numbers. YOU NEED A TUNE and an OBD1 ECU. Not a chip a real tune.

If you dont belive me about the header go look through my build thread towards the end and it shows the install of an alpha header.

EDIT............................................................................-______- I just noticed you have a GS...not a GSR...so you have like 120WHP at most ish. Not sure your HP after a tune. Header still wont fit.

Last edited:

physchomoon

Thanks alot guys, well I choose the 70mm exhaust cuz i had heard it would be perfect for my engine. I ddidnt know this would be a total fail! =/....Well thanks alot for your help. Is there anything else you recommend to increase some hp? Thanks.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Intake, header, 2.25" catback exhaust, cams and valvetrain, turbo, supercharge, vtec, NOS, jet turbine etc

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
A 70mm exhaust is still too big for his car.

I recommend the jet turbine.