Smog Legal Motor Swaps for My 2001 LS

LSAllmotor

Can someone or many people help me out cause i want to know Smog/Ref Legal motor swaps for my 2001 Acura Integra LS. Thanks.

The Panch

The Homie
From what i know. If its from an integra from a higher year you dont need to be ref'd

just when u smog say its ____ engine and they smog it as that.

u cannot go down in years bcuz of OBD issues

LSAllmotor

Yeah i knew that.
So basically i can Do an 2001 GSR Swap
2001 Integra Type-R
How about K-Series. Will that be an issue? Cause i know i have to change out the ECU and Wiring Harness and all of that shit.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
In Ca this is the rules

The motor has to be of the same year or newer
the motor has to have the same smog equiptment the motor came out of
JDM motors are replacements a DC4 can only have a b18B motor and dc2 can have a B18C motor
a K20 needs the sensors from the rsx to be smog legal

what hangs people up is the sensor in the gas tank which is part of the gas tank.

LSAllmotor

So i can do an 2001 GSR Swap if i have the 02 Sensors, Cat, All the Smog Equipment. The ECU, Wiring Harness. ETC.

Cripton805

So i can do an 2001 GSR Swap if i have the 02 Sensors, Cat, All the Smog Equipment. The ECU, Wiring Harness. ETC.
Pretty much everything that a GSR has, you need to have... sensors, wiring, ecu, etc...
Sucks that you have 1 option.... USDM 01

Must be hard to find

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
move somewhere else, easy fix :lol:

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
if you're worried about motor swaps and passing emissions testing in CA, you'll need to bring the car to a state ref. (usually located at community colleges). they'll run the exact same tests as any other smog station will, but they'll issue you a sticker that'll allow any future techs smogging the car to pass it visually, given that the state ok'ed it. different motors have different emission standards, so it's important for the tech running your car to have the correct information as well.

useful to bookmark:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/replace.htm

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ues

if you're worried about motor swaps and passing emissions testing in CA, you'll need to bring the car to a state ref. (usually located at community colleges). they'll run the exact same tests as any other smog station will, but they'll issue you a sticker that'll allow any future techs smogging the car to pass it visually, given that the state ok'ed it. different motors have different emission standards, so it's important for the tech running your car to have the correct information as well.

useful to bookmark:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/replace.htm
Trinh knows her stuff about smogging :thumbs up

LSAllmotor

So basically say i drop a K20A2 into my 2001 Integra LS. I have to have everything on my car that came on the motor from the factory to be state ref/smog legal. Right? Sensors and all.

shot-out

I went to my local "REF" to ask if I can put a B18C1 or C5 in my 94 RS. He said, "Yes". Like G3Girl stated: same year or newer, all smog components hooked up, and totally stock. I have a B20B and I know that is not legal. Go to the California Air Resources Board website and DMV.com will direct you to some viable info. I just went to the college and asked the ref my self, but I'm still hesitant swapping in the C1 or C5.

LSAllmotor

Why bro. Its completely legal. You can do a legal K swap too. You just have to have all the sensors and there is a sensor in the gas tank that you must have. The only B-Series motor that cant go into into a integra is the one from the CRV (B20B). I would Go C1 or C5. Cops cant say anything if you have the state ref sticker brotha.