someone help!

Gsrefhatch

Hey, so im gonna explain my situation so you get what happend.
I drive a 99gsr in an ef hatch.
I drove to my buddys place last night, my car started and ran great like always. Later that night when i went to leave i got in my car and when i tried to turn the motor over, nothing happened. All that really happend was my battery light on my cluster showed up. But as far as the car starting goes, nothing. There was no sound of any type of crank at all. I do hear the fuel pump engage when i turn the key to 'ON'. I tried a boost from my buddys car, but nothing. So, to get my car home my buddy gave me a good push and i popped the clutch and it ran excellent the whole way home.
My question is why am i havning no crank when i try to start the car?
Also how can somthing like this happen in the matter of a couple hours?
I recently replaced;
battery
Main relay
starter.
I know there are many types of threads like this, but i really appreciate your help.
If theres any info u think im missing or you need plz lemme know and i will get back to you asap.
i gotta have it running by monday so i can get to work!!!!
thanks again

Yousangsee

I need help too, n my problem is dat i need a radio code to unlock it. But i dnt know the code n my car is 1995 acura integra ls

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
check around the glove box to see if there is a number you can try or near the fuse box under the hood.

Gsrefhatch

Have you checked the ignition or starter relays and fuses? or battery connections
My battery connections are all good everything is clean and tight.
Ive checked all of my fuses as well and their all good too.
Do you guys know how i would go about testing my ignition?
Thats basically all i can think of doing at this point, also how would i check my ignition and starter relays.

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Sounds like your starter...also check the signal wire going to the starter...sometimes vibration can shake it loose

Last edited:

Gsrefhatch

Sounds like your starter...also check the signal wire going to the starter...sometimes vibration can shake it loose
I thought it was the starter as well, but i had my buddy boost the starter with jumper cables while i sat in the car and turned the key, when i turned the key the car started no problem. (its essentially doing a bench test on the starter without taking it out of the car)
But unless we are hot wiring the starter, the car doesnt start at all.
Heres a question, what is between the ignition where you turn the key and the signal wire that connects to the starter. Because it seems to not have enough power going to it. Because like i said as soon as we touched the signal wire at the starter with the jumper cable the starter engaged.
Thank you all again for tryin to help me out i really appreciate it.