Sound System Issues

HeRO_Chang

I just put a sound system in my 94 teggy and i here no sound from the sub woofer....my amp and wiring works cus the light fromt he amp if on....the system works because i had it in my 2nd gen teggy before i put it in my 3rd gen...what can be the problem why i hear no sound from my subs...someone help please.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
hmm. check the rca cables behind the deck that goes to the amp.
its not a power issue so fuses, positive, negative, and remote could be ruled out

bradster101

on my deck you have to go into the options and turn on the sub.... maybe that could be it? Thats what I had to do when i installed mine

Blades

Check your fuses, on the main line and on the amp.

Check your remote on from the head unit.

Check your RCA cables.

The ground could be bad, I've noticed this with a few sound systems that I have done on Hondas. You may need to sand away any visible paint around your ground.

Is the sub wired properly? Make sure your amp isn't in protection mode. Pull the sub speaker wire from the amp, turn on the car/amp, turn it off and plug the wires back in.

mirrorimg

Amp gets power, no sound from sub.

Its either the sub isn't getting a signal (RCA Cables)
Or the sub isn't connected properly to the amp.

dlo253

Check the grounds. Happened in my Buick yesterday. The amp will still turn on but the subs wont work. Fixed the ground and its shakin houses again. Haha