Spitfire8o5's TimeAttack DC #117 Build

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
I was comparing Spec E46 times from one of the Kontrolle Engineering cars and it was knocking out 2:03s all day at thunderhill. They run the non M e46s

I wonder how he upkeep is in them? Because I think FF Hondas get right up in there and their a lot cheaper as far as replacing motor/trans/suspension bits. I've had the FR bug for a while but think I just nene to stick to my roots since there is a lot left in my integra. Even b series without GT wings and splitters just yet

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
SE46s from my experience are fairly reliable, like all cars, if you keep it out of the wall and have a good car to begin with youre pretty good. When i do track support with Kontrolle theres never any 'bmw unreliability' issues we have to deal with. Just replacing ware items and if there was an oops on track. I say the SE46 is way more robust than a SE30. Extended studs are a weak point with the car, they break often since ARP doesnt make a set for these cars. Ive broken a stud torquing down the wheel.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
SE46s from my experience are fairly reliable, like all cars, if you keep it out of the wall and have a good car to begin with youre pretty good. When i do track support with Kontrolle theres never any 'bmw unreliability' issues we have to deal with. Just replacing ware items and if there was an oops on track. I say the SE46 is way more robust than a SE30. Extended studs are a weak point with the car, they break often since ARP doesnt make a set for these cars. Ive broken a stud torquing down the wheel.
It sounds like you're just convincing yourself to go out and get a E46 M3.

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Oh man, haven't been on here for a while. Will be updating this tomorrow. A lot has happened since lol A LOT

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Alright, so for the FC

Got some really rare GAB Sport Coilovers (same company that makes the original version of the GT3 things) things have pillow ball top hats and such and got me some 15x8 BBS reps that fit the car like a glove!

Intentions for the FC were making it a drift car so I needed to correct the negative rear camber and get it closer to 0 than the -2.5 it was at. Went with the brutally track proven BattleVersion spherical rear camber link

After that, turns out the car would get hot once I was smashing around because the water pump belt originally runs off of 2 belts. And since I had deleted the air pump injection setup, only one was trying to do the job of 2 and it would slip under load so I got a banzai racing dual alternator setup with gates belts

then saw that there was an open track day at buttonwillow so what the heck. Sourced a 5 lug conversion with 4 pot brake calipers, stop tech pads and steel braided lines. Steel braided clutch line. Solid motor and Trans mounts. Because I planned on keeping the car lol and some really really nice 2pc Mazdaspeed wheels w/ new federal RSR's

Also got my sexy s5 tail lights and wing!!

Got it all knocked out, and here we were at the track. When it was stock with a welded diff I did a 2:21 and since then it now didn't overheat, coilovers, tires and brakes and alignment was a lot better. I figured it'd run around a 2:15 or so and set that as my goal since it has close to 100whp or less.

Wish I had a GoPro that day but I forgot it like a tard. Anywho first session out came in like a mad man and car felt amazing on the corners. My hats off to Mazda and who ever took part in making it once of the funnest cars I've ever driven at the racetrack. At this point I was more in love with this POS than anything else I've ever owned. Got the time down to a 2:10 and I was happier than anyone there that day. It was a lot of work but all worth it after beating the car senseless and the car took it like a champ. It's funny how rotary motors have such a bad reputation as far as reliability goes but it's been the one of the best cars I've ever owned, and as some of you know from Instagram, came across the cleanest 240 I've ever seen in my life from its original owner with only 103k without a moon roof and all the bells and whistles. It's the one I plan on keeping for the rest of my life and one day it will be a monster. As of now I just want to cruise the car, not track or drift it and enjoy it's Pristine condition, working AC, Rock solid suspension and steering feel with a smile on my face. But if it wasn't for that, it'd still be the owner of the RX7, Here it is and worse part of all is that I sold it in town and see it driving once in a while, but it's for my own good.

Here it is for its last wash

working on the integra post, stay tuned

R13

The other asshole
God dammit Assy, you made me think he sold the teg...

At least you've still got, what? 3 badass cars? :lol: I know there's the teg and the bimmer, and now the 240.

renarudo

Sorry to hear that the FC is gone; but glad you have the teg. Didn't know you had the 240 though. Pics please?

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Sorry to hear that the FC is gone; but glad you have the teg. Didn't know you had the 240 though. Pics please?
soon good sir, soon lol just picture a stock white s13 hatch. 1990 to be exact. With the OEM front lip and all

God dammit Assy, you made me think he sold the teg...

At least you've still got, what? 3 badass cars? :lol: I know there's the teg and the bimmer, and now the 240.
Lol yee, the integra.. Two M3's and the 240. Still taking up every dollar I got FML :lol:
Ah, I'm sad this got sold
That makes two of us man, but it's for my own good and potentially scary fast business