Spitfire8o5's TimeAttack DC #117 Build

renarudo

This car is straight sexy man!!! Can't wait until you upload some vids of it tearing up the track.

So I bought another 95 m3 to have a spare motor/suspension bits & etc. but also has a Remus exhaust, clear tails, sexy wheels and a CF hood that I wanted off of it. Scored

Quality of the coilovers is cherries

Now onto the install

Rears were easy, fronts required a little more but all in all pretty straight forward. When I went to take the sway bar end link off the strut, BAM! POS endlink broke off. At this point I hated my life because on base models it bolts on to the LCA and M3 models are special and decided to have them mount to the strut assembly/coilover. But then I remembered that I have a whole damn parts car and I was able to sleep that night lol WOO!

Took the wheels in to have the 235 BFG All Seasons installed

Here it is on the floor after throwing on the coilovers and new shoes

Cleaned up and got all ready for the next day. (Motor Mounts, Radiator, Flex Disk & Final Ride Height)

To be continued

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
If i was to buy a 95 3 series. I would pick up a 318 and swap in a boosted 2jz gte w/ r154 tranny and some kind of standalone. 318 insurance rate, with an M3 power and toyota reliability :lol:

Cant wait to see what plans you have on one of your BMWs

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
If i was to buy a 95 3 series. I would pick up a 318 and swap in a boosted 2jz gte w/ r154 tranny and some kind of standalone. 318 insurance rate, with an M3 power and toyota reliability :lol:

Cant wait to see what plans you have on one of your BMWs
318 e36's are no good man, they have the suspension/si frames out of the e30's. You should at least get a base model 325, I think the S50 M3 is plenty for me to have some fun with. Power will just hide poor driving lol excited to get out there and mess around with this tho

This car is straight sexy man!!! Can't wait until you upload some vids of it tearing up the track.
Thanks brotha! Really appreciate it, thinking about doing a burnout video just because lol

Review on the FA 500's? I've been looking at them for a while.
They seem promising man, I'll get back to you once I get to try them out. Car is just sitting waiting for me to fix the trans

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Get a BMW they said, drift it everyday they said, great fun reliable cars they said.

Not too long ago, I was in a time crunch to do a track day but didn't think any of the parts would have showed up on time so I put it all off. Then 2 days before the event. All the parts came in and knew it was a lot to knock out but I really needed my fix! So got the car up on jack stands and went at it!

First things first, ripped out the radiator and wasn't too too bad, hate how they run the hoses and the reservoir lines are a little confusing but out it went.

With the out of the way I knew I could get the motor jacked up enough to get the mounts knocked out of I did the trans mounts/brace that have two quick bolts and figured they were nice and easy. The trans mount/bracket was easy then took off the top motor mount bolts out and jacked up the motor. Went to un do the bottom bolts when I saw that the mounts weren't even bad. It was that they ripped straight out of the subframe, and further looking into it. Noticed that the passenger bracket from engine block to top of motor mount was also destroyed. At this point i called it a day on racing that weekend since the subframe and bracket were no good and couldn't use it out of the parts car because I didn't have any way of hanging the motor up with them out.

Out of curiosity, made a call to the local junk yard to find that they had one in stock along with the arm that they could have out in an hour. Next morning came around and my cousin let me use some bridge engine holder upper thing to let me knock out the subframe and bracket.

Tried on the cWest wing I had laying around to see how it looked and I loved it

And went as far as throwing on my redline time attack magnets for the show points

That was a pain in the ass. Steering rack, knuckles and motor are all held together with it but I got it all out

Liquid Courage

Engine Holder Upper

POS subframe

POS mount bracket

The replacements

Went I went to throw everything back together. I noticed that my steering rack was on the floor, I had left of hanging on the steering column thing and saw that the wobble looking like thing was missing both nuts and bolts. FML

Threw some HDR specials on there (HomeDepotRacing)

At this point, beer was going down smoother than water and changed it up a tad with some liquid cocaine. Keep in mind I don't drink coffee or energy drinks. You can imagine how I felt after drinking this lol

Fast forward a few hours and subframe, motor mounts, steering rack was all buttoned up and ready to rock, threw in the new radiator, routed all the damn hoses and swapped over some sensors and fitment for the koyo couldn't be any better

Went to knock out the flex disk (dampener in between the trans and driveshaft) and knew it was bad, but not this bad lol woo! GO BURNOUTS!

Car also had a misfire and knew my valve cover gasket was letting oil get into the coil packs and sparkers so I got me a OEM BMW Freshie and went to throw it on. It was lame to deal with all the little extra steps I'm not used to but got it done. Damn Germans

Got it all together, misfire was gone but found out that my transmission was a lot worse than I thought. I figured the mounts were making most of the noise and vibrations but sadly it was the trans. FML. didn't race the next day. Drank myself to sleep.

R13

The other asshole
f***ing Bimmers :lol:

Great progress :thumbs up shame about the pos car :rolf:

That wing is gangster. 8)

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
good to see that you decided to change out parts before racing it on the track. That wouldve been bad to have thrown it into a turn to find yourself in the wall.

I plan to do some suspension work on my IS3. Inner/outer tie rods, steering rack bushings, rear lower spherical press in bushings and a few things here and there. Im not looking forward to it. However, after reading your last post, i think mine wont be as bad :lol:

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
good to see that you decided to change out parts before racing it on the track. That wouldve been bad to have thrown it into a turn to find yourself in the wall.

I plan to do some suspension work on my IS3. Inner/outer tie rods, steering rack bushings, rear lower spherical press in bushings and a few things here and there. Im not looking forward to it. However, after reading your last post, i think mine wont be as bad :lol:
I tracked the car before all of this lol don't think it helped. But good deal man, hope all goes smooth. I always seem to have the best luck when it comes to building cars. :Lol:

i want a 46 or 92 M or or 235 M
Amazing cars man, you'll love whatever you get your hands on

f***ing Bimmers :lol:

Great progress :thumbs up shame about the pos car :rolf:

That wing is gangster. 8)
Hahaha right?! And thanks man.. Glad the wing worked out. I just need to get me some hardware

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Howdy, let me start off by telling everyone I sold the green coupe. Even tho it never let me down and was smooth and perfect to drive everyday. Here it is right before it was sold

FML

BUT,

What's the fun in that. I wanna wonder if the car will start or catch fire every time I get in it. So I got me a brotary powered 86 Mazda RX7 Base Model that is really clean with the exception of the driver side quarter panel and some clear issues here and there.

Here she is after my cousin let me use some WED sports with falken azenis to throw up from since we decided to weld the diff and it gives you mad under steer if your not over steering which sucks balls

What better way to test drive a car than racing it without doing any maintenance?! WOO! Hello Buttonwillow Raceway

Even with the stickier tires up front the car would plow like a pig with its stock 0 camber up front and even after maxing out the rear tire pressure at 44psi it wouldn't rotate how I wanted. And to top it all off the car couldn't complete a lap without getting hotter and hotter forcing me to exit the track. Let cool down and repeat. Regardless the day was tons of fun. Got to drive some buddies cars and we all made it home safe.

Next up for the FC at this point was coilovers and wheels with the much needed maintenance (brakes, fluids, sauces and juices)

As far as the M3 goes. I have yet to find a shop in town that has the parts and wants to rebuild it with warranty so the quest goes on to find a replacement or seeing who can rebuild it.

Now the DC, as much as I love the car. I don't see myself getting around to it until the M3 and FC are where I want them so it's going to rot away unless I decide to get a b20 and street tires to have some fun with the classing system that doesn't make sense to me lol

Cheers.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
XS classing makes zero sense. XS is stupid.

Ive been getting the BMW bug lately. Kind of want to get an e46 really really really bad.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
What about XS does make sense? Why would their competitions be different
lol i was offered on 2 different occasions entry into RLTA for free in exchange for promotion on this site. tried to schedule it for a Buttonwillow event but no response. had sessions cut short so that time attack NSX could have a private track to set an unofficial record.

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
What about XS does make sense? Why would their competitions be different
I hate their classing. How un organized staff is. Those are just some of the trade offs for cheap events I guess. Their VtecClub series is dominated by s2000's with the exception of the only class they can't run in (n2 single cams and non vtec DC)
Damn that mustang's dusty
That's that mustang life lol

XS classing makes zero sense. XS is stupid.

Ive been getting the BMW bug lately. Kind of want to get an e46 really really really bad.
XS thinks s2000 and civic/integra perform the same. Same car with same mods end up together. I think they should split it into FF/FR sections.

You should ride along with someone that has one that is at the same level of upgrades you've done yourself. (Gutted, bolt ons, suspension bits, brakes and tires) I rode along with Tony Jackson and cars are amazing and he is still a long ways from done with the car. Scary potential but at the same time. More expensive but more fun and more of a challenge to drive in my opinion

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I hate their classing. How un organized staff is. Those are just some of the trade offs for cheap events I guess. Their VtecClub series is dominated by s2000's with the exception of the only class they can't run in (n2 single cams and non vtec DC)

That's that mustang life lol

XS thinks s2000 and civic/integra perform the same. Same car with same mods end up together. I think they should split it into FF/FR sections.

You should ride along with someone that has one that is at the same level of upgrades you've done yourself. (Gutted, bolt ons, suspension bits, brakes and tires) I rode along with Tony Jackson and cars are amazing and he is still a long ways from done with the car. Scary potential but at the same time. More expensive but more fun and more of a challenge to drive in my opinion
I was comparing Spec E46 times from one of the Kontrolle Engineering cars and it was knocking out 2:03s all day at thunderhill. They run the non M e46s