Sputtering/misfire

byronpb

Hello,

My 98 Integra with 208k miles has been a great car but it just started misfiring. I changed the plugs and wires and checked the rotor and cap. That made it better (read that drivable) but still misses. At low rpm it will not accelerate and idles very roughly. More throttle at low rpm makes it sputter until the rpm's rise a little bit and then it takes off just fine. At high rpm's it still runs great. Seems to get worse as the car warms up. Same response in all gears at all speeds: more throttle at low rpms and it sputters and misses.

Can't decide if it's in the ignition or the fuel delivery system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Byron

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Any smoke coming out of the exhaust? I'm wondering if it's the head gasket.

check your injectors as well.

byronpb

Nope, no smoke.

I'll check out the distributor and injectors.

Thanks.

IntegraGstypeR

should be the injectors. I had this problem when I bought my 99 gsr with 180k on it. I actually went through 2 sets of injectors to make it run better.

shady1580

hey im currently in the same situation. i have a 2000 ls and ive change the dizzy. the fuel filter. fuel pump. plugs. and rear o2 sensor. and vehical idle sensor. if u found out ur problem let me know please

72Spitfire

Weird, my car just started doing the same thing. It sputters between 500 and 1500 rpm in first and second gear, and then runs fine past that range. My distributor was replaced 4 years ago....i doubt it's gone bad again. Watching this thread closely :)

shady1580

i bought a set of injectors and im just waitin on sum o rings then ima find out if not next thing to check is the ecu because its in like a saftey mode for like 10 mins when started. because im sure ur car is doin the same it runs good on a cold start for maybe 10 mins? then it does it?

72Spitfire

If it's running in limp mode, the car will start to misfire around 3300 rpm. Mine only does this if its very cold and the Vehicle Speed Sensor stops working.

shady1580

alright well i changed out the injectors and fuel pressure regulator today not the problem. next to check is the ecm