srt 4 - opinions

mydc2

So heres how my past 2 months have been. My gsr blew up, i got in an accident at 60 mph on the freeway in my ek hatch, and now i'm in debt with nothing to show for it. SO, i'm looking for a new ride. I do NOT want to leave the honda/acura family but i'm really not sure what to do anymore. Whats the story with srt 4's? Any information from personal experience or anything at all would be great thanks guys.

rockadilla

thats right.
SRT-4s are FUCKING GAY HOMO BUTTSEX. seriously, they completely ruined the interior of the car by making it KINDA fast, then the KINDA fast engine is fucking about as reliable as a 300 year old wooden bridge made of wet soggy sticks. u might be able to live with it for few months but if u can last longer then that with one, then props to u. not to mention everyone that owns one is a huge douchebag and thinks its the fastest car in the world

u want a different car outside a honda? get a WRX or something thats actually a decent car

mydc2

I know their fast but i guess i would like to know what it is that makes them such shit. I don't beat on my vehicles and would leave it stock performance wise, so what problems am I looking at exactly? What goes wrong? Is it just people who run out and get 50 trims that have issues?

jznsn2u

I know their fast but i guess i would like to know what it is that makes them such shit. I don't beat on my vehicles and would leave it stock performance wise, so what problems am I looking at exactly? What goes wrong? Is it just people who run out and get 50 trims that have issues?
srt4 = american made. Do you see 80-90's american cars on the street as much as you do japanese?

rockadilla

thats right.
ive heard and know a few people that have owned one, this dude i know actually had 2, both crapped out and needed a COMPLETE engine rebuild before 60k mi, the main thing that people say is that the trimming belt for the turbocharger fails, it is supposed to be changed at 60k, but if its supposed to be changed at 60k then why do all these engines fail at 45-50k? i really dont have the answer.

obviously a completely stock car will last longer then a modified one and if u keep up on maintanence then im sure it can last for 125-150k miles, but the problem is i can almost guarentee that even if the engine is stock then it WILL have been beaten on anyway.

also just as important (to me) the interior is just designed horriblely, the regular neon was bad enough but the SRT-4 basically removes any comforts that the regular neon offered.

but is is your choice bro im not gonna make it for u lol, who knows, maybe u'll love it :lol:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Dude I don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about. Rockadilla, what the fuck is a trimming belt on a turbocharger? There's nothing wrong with the srt-4 except that it's a dodge, and if your like me and don't like Chrysler then you may have a problem with it. If not, it's a fast, cheap, decent quality car that will smoke the shit out of most little imports on the road. It has 4 doors for ease of access, a decent suspension setup, and they sound sick.

Don't listen to all the little Honda sissys out here who put down everything without an H badge because they're on some domestic hating bandwagon. Go drive one if your interested in buying one and see if you like it. The engine will hold up just about as well as any other factory turbocharged 4cly.

rockadilla

thats right.
Dude I don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about. Rockadilla, what the fuck is a trimming belt on a turbocharger? There's nothing wrong with the srt-4 except that it's a dodge, and if your like me and don't like Chrysler then you may have a problem with it. If not, it's a fast, cheap, decent quality car that will smoke the shit out of most little imports on the road. It has 4 doors for ease of access, a decent suspension setup, and they sound sick.

Don't listen to all the little Honda sissys out here who put down everything without an H badge because they're on some domestic hating bandwagon. Go drive one if your interested in buying one and see if you like it. The engine will hold up just about as well as any other factory turbocharged 4cly.
i donno what the fuck a trimming belt is lol..................... i meant timing belt :oops: wasnt paying attention to what i was typing

alyssafacex

^ yeah true. there's a couple running around where i live, and they're pretty sick. they sound so amazing. i haven't really heard about any serious problems with them if you treat them right, but that's the same way with any car. if you like them, i think you should get one. just do your research and talk to people who have/had one, and make sure you're 100% that you want one before you buy it!

mirrorimg

Pretty sure gas mileage is poor with them, as is most turbocharged vehicles. Since you are broke, I dont think you should opt for a gas guzzler.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
i donno what the fuck a trimming belt is lol..................... i meant timing belt :oops: wasnt paying attention to what i was typing
Well there is no freaking timing belt on the turbocharger either. It would be cool if they had awd, same with the ms3, but that would make them more expensive, heavier, and slower.

Also for an fyi, my Ms3 will get 26mpg city and 31 on the highway, not bad for a turbo 4cyl with 265hp and 280tq

Last edited:

Rich-PMS

Turbos don't use any belts, they're driven off of exhaust pressure....

My uncle is a master tech at dodge for 28 years. From what he told me the neon srt4 has cheap interior it will tend to rattle, not too comfortable either. The transmision is the weak point mechanically.

If you're talking about the caliber srt4, the transmision is bullet proof- as they used a Nissan trans. He didn't have much else to say otherwise.

And to who said "if you want a differant car get a Wrx" Wrx is not differant- they're alllll over the road, everywhere! If you want to be differant get an mr2, or a conquest.