Started my black and tan interior today.

DB7ish

So I decided to start working on my black and tan interior today, so I passed by the junkyard and picked up a couple of parts. There were only 2 Integras over there, a DB with tan interior (which I've previously scored parts out of) and a DC automatic with black interior (which has been there for a while so the interior was pretty striped and not in the best of conditions). I picked up the whole center console section (both the front and rear pieces) and I took the ebrake lever too. Unfortunately, The center console was missing the 4 little covers that go above the ebrake, and the lid. Also, I did not realize that the shifter bezel would not work since the one for the automatics does not have tabs to lock and screw the shift boot too. But I decided to clean them up and put them in, using the parts from my tan interior to make it work until I can score the rest of the parts. I also plan on cleaning the factory carpet, and possible installing a new shift boot too.

[Decided to put in how much this is all running me]
Parts so far:
-front center console, 3/4's of a rear center console, complete handbrake lever - $15 total
-steering wheel, door handle bezels, and lower steering wheel column trim - $40 total
-fabric paint for speaker covers and door inserts - $7.50

Plan 1 (Main Plan):
- upper dash
X- center console
- door inserts (paint with fabric paint)
X- speaker covers (paint with fabric paint)
- window switch bezels
- door coin cups
X- floor mats

[BACK UP PLAN UNTIL I FIND A BLACK DASH IS ON PAGE 2]

I also have a BWR weighted shift knob on the way, which is just about identical to the Skunk2 weight knob.

Well, the lighting sucked because the sun was starting to go down, but here is what I have so far:

[UPLOADED BETTER QUALITY PICS, THEY ARE UNDER THIS POST]

Just a general idea of what I plan on doing:

Last edited:

DB7ish

Got some better pics right before the sun set. Didn't realize I had left the tilt wheel lever down until I went to sit down and banged my leg on it. Carpet looks terrible, I think I'll start cleaning it this weekend.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
This should be interesting. :thumbs up

Just my two cents, I'd go black door panels with tan inserts just because of how it hugs around the dash.

94RS

No fucks given.
Hmm.... I've only ever seen Euros and Miatas pull it off.

Should be interesting to see.

DB7ish

This should be interesting. :thumbs up

Just my two cents, I'd go black door panels with tan inserts just because of how it hugs around the dash.
Thanks. Yea, true bro. However, 2 things:

1) I'm trying to not put too much money into this, door panels are usually a bit pricey, if I don't get them the only real pricey item would be the upper dash.

2) I think door panels would add too much blackness, and if I overdo that balance then I might as well go all black except for the carpet.

DB7ish

Hmm.... I've only ever seen Euros and Miatas pull it off.

Should be interesting to see.
Well, good thing about buying parts and saving the old ones versus painting is that if I don't like it I can always turn it back very easily. Also, if I overdo it or just want to mess around and see what looks best I can very easily do so.

Last edited:

DB7ish

Actually, not feeling the black door panels.

I prefer the black accents.

DB7ish

I think I might do black sunvisors too if I can find them. My tan ones are real dirty and ugly.

DB7ish

Woah, did OP compare an Integra interior to a Ferrari interior?
lol. No, I would never do that. I was just trying to find proper examples of the tan and black interior I wanted to go for, the old Testarossas are the only ones I found that looked similar to want I wanted to go for (even though they are actually tan and brown).

Last edited:

DB7ish

True, but I won't be doing the lower dash/glovebox so I think it might look weird. Well, I'll worry about it when I find some good condition door panels. If the price is good enough, I'll get them just in case I decide to do it later on. Going to try all the local junkyards this weekend to see what I can find. There's an import salvage yard in Mobile that has all sorts of Civics, Preludes, etc. It's an hour drive but I'll call tomorrow to see if they have a few Integras. Wouldn't mind spending my Saturday morning parts hunting.

Decided I'm going to put the prices I got everything for, just in case any way gets curious of how much this would run you.

Also, I think I decided to keep the center console lid tan, since it matches the seats and is really clean. I might buy a cheap ITR replica or GSR black leather one from ebay and save it in case I want to try it later.

Last edited:

DB7ish

Not sure what an LS-S is. I've seen a few pictures of DAs with black and tan interiors and it did look sweet.