Started my black and tan interior today.

DB7ish

^Sweet, DA. I like the red, looked real nice with the rims on.

Well, after looking at many pictures of Integra with painted interior trim, I think I've decided that for the doors I'll only be doing black bottom speaker covers and door inserts+door handle trim piece. Maybe later I'll do the window switch bezels too. Also, I think I'll just paint my shifter bezel, since the tan one is messed up any ways. I'll probably go with semi-gloss. I have a good amount of experience with spray painting painting auto parts so it should come out alright.

So besides that, I'll just need the upper dash, and steering wheel and I'll be set. I'll probably get a used steering wheel from ebay (about $60-$80). I think the Integra at the junkyard had a steering column surround trim piece that was in good condition, I'll pass by later and pick it up. Then it'll just be waiting around until I can find an upper dash at a junkyard or someone parting out their car. Maybe the import salvage lot in Mobile will have one. I'll wait until my next paycheck for that one.

Also, I've been thinking of how to make the back better match the front, so I was considering painting the rear deck speaker covers, and also doing black door inserts and door speaker covers, and trying to find black door sill panels. I'm also considering getting the door sills and pillar trim panels from the tan interior DB at the junkyard and painting them, that way I still have my originals if I don't like how it comes out. I think I'll do all my pillars, except the a-pillars (since they are going into the black dash). Still not sure on how I want to do the pillars though, I just know I don't want black a-pillars going into the black upper dash because then it give it the incomplete conversion look with the tan headliner.

Last edited:

DB7ish

Painted the shifter bezel today. Semigloss black. Came out pretty good despite the sun going down on me, swarms of mosquitos trying to eat me (Damn you Florida summers!), and rushing due to the first 2 issues. Also, got my BWR weighted shift knob in the mail today. Unfortunately, its smaller and lighter colored than I would have liked (used to the big Eclipse shift knob), but it feels great. Shifts are real nice and smooth. Tomorrow I'll pick up some black fabric paint, but I won't get to do my door inserts or speaker covers until later this week (celebrating Cinco de Mayo tomorrow lol). I also need to figure out how to separate the carpet from the door sills, and how to remove the b-pillar trim panels (I think I have to take the seat belts off for that). Well, I'll post some pics tomorrow when I put the shifter bezel back in (letting it dry overnight).

Last edited:

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
I know where a complete tan interior is if you need any pieces let me know. Only black interior I know of is my brothers but he might swap you some pieces

DB7ish

Plan 2 (until I find a dash)
-a-b-c pillar trim panels
-door sills (will be sprayed semigloss black)
-door inserts (front and rear will paint with fabric paint)
X-door speaker covers (front+rear deck will paint with fabric paint)
-3rd brake cover (will be sprayed semigloss)
X-center console
(1/2) X-steering wheel and column trim panels
X-floor mats
X-black oem passenger ac vent

-Possibly: Sun visors? idk.

For the door sills, I think I'm going to tape them off and only do the bottom/outer portion since the front ones blend into the other trim pieces, and the rear go all the way up to the c-pillar.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Or any pics of Integras, esp. of DBs, with painted, wrapped, etc. custom interior would also be helpful.

LittleTeg- I sent you a text.

Accel.speed & jbrown- Thanks for the info. I'm going to leave the pillar trim panels for now. Still have plenty of other stuff to do.

Last edited:

DB7ish

Samurai-Blue- Really? Which one was that?

Baseballfan84 - Trust me, I can't wait either. lol.

xxBlood88shotxx - Real nice looking interior, I love that steering wheel. And the black and tan looks real good with the door inserts and seats. Thanks for the pic.

DB7ish

Made some good progress on my lunch break today. Sold my old 14" LS Webs. Passed by the junkyard to see what I could salvage from the black interior DC. Took some interior wipes with me. The steering wheel actually cleaned up pretty well, so I took it. I also grabbed the door handle bezels, passenger ac vent, and lower steering column trim panel (top one was MIA). I also passed by the auto parts store and got some fabric paint. I'll most likely be getting a new airbag off ebay though, 'cause this one was from a '94-'97 so it has the Acura letters instead of the symbol, and also it looks like someone previously tried to color in the letters. Unfortunately, I get out of work late today, but I'll try to get the steering wheel on, and hopefully tomorrow I can start painting the door inserts and speaker covers. I'll post pics later.

Last edited: