Starter issue I believe

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I drove home last night, started car to get pizza came back, now this morning the car won't start, it is cold out where I live atm but its not gotten that much colder. I put a set of jumpers to my battery, and i started hitting the starter. I got nothing, I cann hear a click but I am not sure if thats a click from the relay or the starter.

I checked fuses I found only 2 inside car called starter signal and starter/alternator blah blah blah. Both were fine and I took them both out and I still heard the same click. I don't know if I can get a refund on the starter if it isn't it. How else can i trouble shoot this haha

sexystover

I drove home last night, started car to get pizza came back, now this morning the car won't start, it is cold out where I live atm but its not gotten that much colder. I put a set of jumpers to my battery, and i started hitting the starter. I got nothing, I cann hear a click but I am not sure if thats a click from the relay or the starter.

I checked fuses I found only 2 inside car called starter signal and starter/alternator blah blah blah. Both were fine and I took them both out and I still heard the same click. I don't know if I can get a refund on the starter if it isn't it. How else can i trouble shoot this haha
u can get the starter tested at autozone i believe

genesis

tougê hêrmit
just take the starter out really quick, lay it on the ground or vise if you have one. take your jumper cables hook them up on your battery and then breifly touch the two points on the starter with the cables if the starter doesnt turn on and spin then you know the starter is bad, if it does work then its probably a relay or electrical problem.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
ok im gonna do that, wheres the mounting bolts at? and its on top of the engine right?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Okay I took starter out, had to take intake hose, clutch cable, and move some other stupid shit in the way. I took to advance and it works immediately.... now I don't know why the starter won't engage when I start the car

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Bump...

Okay heres whats up atm, I said I went to advance the starter worked there, put it in car starter didn't acuate. Would it be the fact that maybe somewhere my power cables to the batteries in the back are loose? Would that make it not work, although my subs hit hard for a good 2 hours and it still didn't die so I don't get it.

genesis

tougê hêrmit
hmmm, check all of your grounds, and fuses, and conections, or relays. check ignition relays and fuses.