Starter Kill Switch Questions

Wilshire001

Hey It's Me!
I am will be attempting to install a kill switch that interrupts the current from the clutch to the starter.

I have a '94 Integra GS-R HB.

the starter's normal output is 1.4 kW and normal voltage is 12V.

I am planning on installing an intermittent switch and another switch like the one shown here: http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68897

Question 1:
For the latter kill switch (transformer box switch), I want to use a transformer box from an old router.
On label it says: Power: 12V (followed by a solid line with a dotted line beneath it) and 0.5A
Will the second value (0.5A) be adequate for a the kill switch I am trying to make?

Question 2:
Where do you suggest I cut the wires?

Question 3:
I want to install an intermittent switch (one which i have to hold on to in order to allow the current to pass) that goes to the starter. Is this recommended? Or should I have a constant flow of electricity to the starter, in which case I would get a normal non-intermittent switch.

The Starter Circuit Diagram:

The starter electrical specs:

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I've seen something like this done before too.

He wired it to a switch already in the car that he could press and hold to allow the power to flow thru the relay. I dont remember what the numbers mean on that, but instead of risking it, why dont you just get all the same parts he used in that write up?

p.s., where you put the switch should be kept a secret to you seeing as its going to be a safety device for your car. I wouldnt suggest posting that on here, or asking anyone for advice when it comes to placement. lol