Stereo deck, pay or install myself ?

yungteg

I have an aftermarket stereo deck but I can't plug ipods, iphone, usbs into it. I went out and got a deal on one over the weekend from futureshop and they sid they're instllation costs 70 bucks. I'm wondering for those of you who have done it before is it worth paying or is it easy enough for me to do by myself. And if you guys could tell me step by step how to install it I would be very greatful !

Ryan659

Do it yourself and save money. You can google the step by step. Some one has made one out there

Amiguel6

easy. Buy a wiring harness, pull old one out, connect wires by color with the harness, reinstall, done. Be sure to check all wires before reinstalling though. make sure there are no shorts

95B18BTurbo

Way easy to knock this one out. Get a Metra install kit, the new radio, some butt connectors, and a harness piece.

dudeskee1325

Way easy to knock this one out. Get a Metra install kit, the new radio, some butt connectors, and a harness piece.
Seriously, I've never done any stereo type work and I was able to pull off a flawless stereo install
Wiring harness + butt connectors + zip ties = success!
The hardest part is probably crimping the connectors, other than that its matching colors.
Google and youtube are your friends

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Hey be more specific guys.

You might confuse him and he'll end up cutting into the factory harness! Jk

Seriously though, don't cut your cars harness.

9 out of 10 used cars I bought made in the 90s have had their factory harness cut during a stereo install.

Like seriously? Your broke ass can't afford a $10 harness connector but you can buy a $100+ stereo head?

Fucktards.

dudeskee1325

I'm pretty sure we all said WIRING HARNESS. Who said anything about cutting their car's wires???

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk