Swapping an H22 V-Tec into an Integra

Redline Racing

I have posted elsewhere in this “Projects” forum the story of the Integra I used for many years as a daily driver and weekend race / tow car. As a result I seriously got into Integras & Civics, building quite a number of EG’s to race, progressing from one to another and on-selling the redundant ones to local racers. Two things happened as a result .

The first was that I inadvertently became the local Honda racing “expert”… (more a statement of how few people knew , built and raced these cars in my state, rather than me having a level of expertise anywhere near approaching that which is obviously common in the USA let alone Japan).
The second consequence came out of the Junior Driver Development program I ran, in which I provided a number of basic EG cars for teenagers to race with me on the dirt. The young tyro who spent most time with me at race meetings lived in my street, making him the obvious candidate to share a few drives with me in my Integra when I went away to race outside our area. Nothing quite like watching track side a youngster spin your car at full noise under brakes at the end of the main straight – knowing you have to drive back 3 hours to get home in it!

However these experiences gave Bevan a soft spot for the DC2 Integra, and a few years later after he’d left school and begun a mechanics apprenticeship, he brought me a rather tired DC2 and asked me what I could swap into it so he could have a dedicated race car of his own. We quickly agreed to fit an H22 V-Tec into it, and I bought a fantastic donor Prelude from our cheap local salvage auctions.

I made a You Tube series detailing this build – which I’ll post in the videos section here. That series contains lot of valuable clues about how to set up an Integra. Alternatively just go to my WJP004 channel to see it directly – along with STACKS of other Honda build videos which you’ll find in my playlists. https://www.youtube.com/user/WJP004 https://www.facebook.com/HondaVWcompositesguru/

Last edited: