tail light/trunk leak

96dcinteg

i have a problem with a leak in my trunk & its coming in from my tail lights so not sure if i can post it here but yeah i need help my trunk is leaking with water in the spare tire area not really flooded & its really frustrating here from where i live its the rainy seasons & it sucks big time. i fixed my tail light gasket with some silicon or adhesive stuff slapped it on then the next morning it rained last night i checked there was water so i cleaned it then now im stuck i dont know what to do i know that there is some sort of gap of the tail light lens on the outside is coming off how do i seal that it tight? or cover up the cracks or something? need help asan! as soon as now!

acclude

cheap bastard
replace the tails with known good ones that don't leak. That's the only sure way to get rid of your problem if you're sure that's the only source of the leak. Another good possibility of the leak could be the antenna. Best way is to pull the rear panelling out and have someone spray the car down with a hose while you watch where the water is actually coming in. It might be more than just the tails.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
look at the gasket between the light and the quarter pannel metal. if there is a gap you can get a new one. or you can get some water proof silicon from home depot and use that to seal them

96dcinteg

well im sealing up the tail lights with some water proof silicon on the edges,
i'll take a look on that antenna thing i'll let you guys know on the process. :???:

acclude

cheap bastard
you should only have to use the sealant on the black foamy kinda "gasket" that sits behind the tails. Use silicone on BOTH side of it and only around the areas where water could get in. Please don't go silicone up all around the taillights like it kinda sounds like you're planning to do.

96dcinteg

well i already tried doing that & still the water got in but the one im saying is that from the outside where the lens & the wall next to it, there is like a thick hair line crack on the top from left to right im thinking thats the only way for water to go in. everything is all closed up nothing else can go through.

mirrorimg

sunRoof drainage tubes. Make sure they aren't unhooked or clogged. There will be one on each side of the trunk, you will see it when you take the trunk panels out.

Best was to pinpoint it is going to be drying it out, and having a friend hose it down while your inside looking fir the leak.

96dcinteg

success

hey guys just wanna let you guys know that my trunk isnt leaking anymore, the thing was my rear driver side tail light was the problem so i sealed it up & no more leak :D