Arp: Headstuds
Omni: 70mm Throttlebody
Eagle: Rods
Drop Engineering Mounts
ACL RACE: Rod and Main bearings
Clevite: Thrust bearings
Weisco: 9.8:1 81.5mm forged pisotns
GReddy: Turbo Timer
Custom: Ramhorn turbo mani, 3inch straightback exhaust, downpipe, welded intercooler piping, bored oem IM
Magnaflow: Oval Muffler
Garrett: t3/t4 .50 A/R Turbo
HKS: SSQV 3 Bov
TiAL: 38mm wastegate
Hondata: s300, thermal IM gasket, Boost controller solenoid (boost by gear), 4 Bar map sensor

Exterior:
JDM front end
wingless
rear wiper delete
antenna delete
Benen rear tow hook
ITR rear valences
98-01 rear bumper

Suspension and Brakes:
5zigen FN01R-C's, powder coated Sun Gold
RS*R Springs
Skunk2 Camber kit
Deleted ABS

when i bought it it had 174xxx miles on the body and around 125xxx on the stock ls

INDEX
Problems Arising PG 2

Starting the Work PG 3

Running on the First Setup PG 6

Rod knock/ Engine Dissassembly PG 7-8

Parts for the New Setup PG 9

Starting the Build PG 10-13

Engine and Tranny together! PG14

Engine in the car! PG 14
This will be updated with the storyline of my progress
I bought this car in late 09, came with the turbo kit, back then i knew nothing about Hondas, or anything engine wise.
I ran into problems soon after, the headgasket blew and i ran it like that until the summer of '10. The head was warped pretty bad so all necessary machine work was done and i replaced the head gasket that summer.
After that it ran very badly, i took it to a local shop where it sat for 3 months, $1500 and a lot of new/replaced parts later i got it back. On the way home from the shop it started knocking. So from then on I vowed to only trust it all with my self and do the work myself.
Over the past year Ive been working, saving, learning, and accumulating the needed parts to rebuild it. As of now The engine is in the car, i need some small misc things to get here before i an break it in and get it tuned,

Last edited:

rockadilla

thats right.
Damn dude I didn't know u had a itr front end :D just shows how much u needed to post this thread lol btw it looks awesome! Especially for ur first car haha

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
damn looks like we have the same setup...we also have the same boost guage :lol:

how much psi are you running?

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
What's up with the wires under the hood near the brake resovior all wrapped up?

4drs=morewhores

Master-D-B-ate
damn we have the same setup...we also have the same boost guage :lol:

how much psi are you running?
haha how can u say that with out seeing his parts list? U guys both have a boosted Ls and the same gauge which is common, i have that gauge to lol

but anyways i demand to see a mod list on this sexy car

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
haha how can u say that with out seeing his parts list? U guys both have a boosted Ls and the same gauge which is common, i have that gauge to lol

but anyways i demand to see a mod list on this sexy car
yeah i ment to put it looks like we have the same setup :)

iRide Integras

An integra without the bug eyes is like.... a sandwich without bread. Just not right :(
Still, looks pretty nice. keep up the good work

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Damn dude I didn't know u had a itr front end :D just shows how much u needed to post this thread lol btw it looks awesome! Especially for ur first car haha
yeah diude, i started lookin for a car at the end of summer, was origionally looking for a 6th gen civic hatch, and never seen a jdm teg before, and i saw this on cl and jumped all over it :), i started researching and found out that it was a STEAL for 4.2k lol
looks good! what happen to the original motor?
i am not shure i bought it a couple months ago with all this done to it(except for the lip, i fuked it up myself :) )
but either way ls is better for boost

What's up with the wires under the hood near the brake resovior all wrapped up?
i keep jumper cables in my engine bay because
1: i have a shitty battery
2: the only way to unlock my car is from the remote, the door lock rods were removed from the doors so you cant open it with a jimmy.....or a key haha
soo if my battery dies i cant get in my car :(
yeah i ment to put it looks like we have the same setup :)
haha
im runnin 10 psi, idk what kind of turbo it is, its a garret, not too big though, i found a big ass diesel turbo in my garage the other day:) lol

nice man! i didn't know you were boosted:shock:
really? lol thats the first thing i tell people when they ask about my car lol

X2! When we gonna setup a DFW/North TX meet?
soon !!!! lol hit me up and well get a thread started at group up some people

awww nice kicks bro! How much were they?
came with the car! lol, there around 700-800 new i think, i love em though, i want to get em painted white

Haha didnt even notice that the first time. Anyways, car is looking great bro! Keep it up. Black on black on black=yummy!!
yeah i like it, but i might repaint it gunmetal sometime in the future, black wheels, black paint, black tint :), dont worry im definitely not gonna smoke the lights lol

Last edited: