Tax return incoming, time for a retrofit!

TheCrimsonStar

Alrighty everyone, since I will be getting my tax return in a little after the end of the month, I'm finally buying some new projectors. Going with TRS of course, but can't decide which one to get. I've emailed and talked to a couple people from TRS and have narrowed the candidates down to:

Morimoto Mini H1

and

FX-R 3.0

From what I've been told, the Mini H1 would be the easiest to install, but are considerably smaller than my stock projectors. They also told me that if I don't mind a lot of cutting (I'm pretty sure I could do it) that the bigger FX-R would be the best choice. I'm leaning more towards the FX-R because I like the way they look and their output is reportedly much better than the Mini. I would be running a DDMtuning 35W kit if I get the H1, and probably a 55W kit if I get the FX-R. Any suggestions?

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
fxr!! dont get h1, you wont be pleased.. the fxr are cheap and if you mess with the shields they can even have more sharper cut up! imight want to even get tsxR lens to add more color. glad to see more people are going retrofit on CI.

jbrown97ls

I want a retrofit so bad! I'm scared that ill ruin my housings though.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Personally i like the fxr better than the mini's. Wont matter which ones you choose though.. it'll all be the same amount of work, roughly.

TheCrimsonStar

Personally i like the fxr better than the mini's. Wont matter which ones you choose though.. it'll all be the same amount of work, roughly.
Seems a lot easier with the gen3 lights than others. Just mount it to the bracket after you're done cutting. Others look like they require a lot more cutting and epoxy glue lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Mounting is easy in all cars generally. Its the cutting that takes more time than anything else. Mostly only reflector housings need epoxy mounting. Projector setups that dont require cutting are real easy.