Think I may Plastidip instead of paint...

R13

The other asshole
lol, My front end stays dirty with plasti dip, but still, It is pretty cool.

TheCrimsonStar

lol, My front end stays dirty with plasti dip, but still, It is pretty cool.
They sell gloss finishes...think I may try painting mine white with a gloss finish. I don't mind washing it often. It looks freaking awesome lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pinkley

b@115D33p
Plastidip is a bitch! I did the grill on my truck and its textured and not smooth like they claim. Do your research before jumping to far into it. That guy on dipyourcar.com makes it look easy but it's really not.

Do you plan on buying it by the gallon or rattle can?

R13

The other asshole
Actually it's all in how you coat it, I got my bumper smooth by applying it quickly and evenly

I noticed with my wheels if you do multiple thin coat's the texture is rougher

I later redid my wheels and got it smooth

pinkley

b@115D33p
Actually it's all in how you coat it, I got my bumper smooth by applying it quickly and evenly

I noticed with my wheels if you do multiple thin coat's the texture is rougher

I later redid my wheels and got it smooth

I did fast coats like they do in the videos. I guess it may have been too humid??
Wtf is up with the hood? And why would you just do the bumper?

R13

The other asshole
Hood absorbed some of it, Just needs another coat, And I was gonna do the fenders too but ran out and just haven't picked up more.

As to why I did it in the first place, It's more of a temporary thing, the bumpers paint was chipped up pretty bad and the clear coat on the hood was done for So I was just covering that up for now.

Also, I did it in direct sunlight so that when I applied it it stuck quickly.

Last edited:

OLDSKOOLACURA

My thoughts also. why did you do just the bumper?

Never mind I just saw you post your response

mohawk42s

Im doing this and then spraying satin clear over it... it looks much better and doesnt get the dust build up like just plastidip does

Last edited:

TheCrimsonStar

Im doing this and then spraying SATAN clear over it... it looks much better and doesnt get the dust build up like just plastidip does
So it's going to be...*puts on sunglasses* devilishly awesome?

AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAH!!!!

Last edited:

XjoEnX

I want to try a clear plastidip coat on my front bumper. Tired of these rock chips from the freeway