tires for 1996 Acura Integra

bubbag

Hello. I'm new here. I would like some advice about all-season tires for my 96 Integra RS. I always bought my tires from Costco in Canada but BFGoodrich, Michelin nor Pirelli don't offer that tire size anymore. Been shopping elsewhere but most of the options I've come across are Chinese-brand tires which I am trying to avoid. I like the Uniroyal Tiger Paw but no stock available. Everything is stock on my car. The tire size is 195/60R14 86H I believe. Today, somebody at one shop told me I can install 185/65R14 instead. Is this true? I'm also factoring in getting tires from a shop that offers free tire rotations and flat repairs. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

AcuraCDN

I've had the same issue. You can install a set of 185/65R14. You can check here, https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Uniroyal Tiger paw? Really? All season? Michelin Defender are All Season. They are available in 185/65R14. It's a much better All Season tire.

If you plan to use them all year round, they may not be legal for Winter use, depending where in Canada you live. For instance, in Quebec, all season are illegal for winter use. You will need an All Weather tire. They have the "3-Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol".

Nokian (WGR4) are All Weather and come in 185/65R14. Better than Uniroyal, unfortunately more expensive.

Michelin Cross Climate are a very good All Weather tire. 14" haven't been available in North America (yet?). But I've seen them for Europe. When available here (and if affordable), I will consider those for my Acura.