Transmission noise IN gear!

sicksaucy

1999 USDM GSR with a JDM GSR B18C

This car was previously my cousins, freshly rebuilt transmission from synchrotech, and had a entirely brand new clutch kit installed,
exedy oe replacement. Pressure plate, clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, input shaft bearing, everything. When he put it all together, freshly built, it had this issue. All the clutch components have zero miles on them.
My cousin is experienced so I don’t think anything was done incorrectly. After he discovered the issue he got stumped and just let it sit, then I bought the car from him.

The issue

I could fully engage and disengage the clutch no issues, but when I put it into any gear, it’d make this noise. Put it back in neutral and release the clutch, noise gone. Again I could fully clutch in and out in neutral no sound.

Noise IN gear only!! No matter what the clutch is doing.

I replaced the clutch slave cylinder just cause,
and the noise was gone!! Drove amazing all gears! Drove it twice around the street that day.
Next day, noise is back. So it’s not the actual trans or clutch kit?!?! What is it??!

I took out the trans anyway, its out right now. And of course everything looks like it has zero miles on it.. Because it all pretty much does.

I just don’t know what do to. :(

Thanks everyone in advance I appreciate it :)

Last edited: