trunk lip

Deff Baztard

That's not too bad, whats the price range on those things?
because if its 150 reduction for the trunk, might be 150 for the hood as well..thats about 300....do they make carbon doors, fenders? I know they make bumpers...
Just thinking of ways to reduce weight...

Another thing, with carbon bodyparts, how are they for water, do they leak, also how strong are they?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
No way in hell does the rear hatch on an integra weigh 150lbs, maybe 45lbs tops lol. The hood is about 20lbs at most. Honda body parts don't really weigh a whole lot, neither do interior pieces. The main exterior piece that would weigh much is the sunroof if you have one. I used to have a link to where some guy actually weighed each and every part on the different Honda chassis

That CF piece is nice though

guy_from_nerk;993960[B said:
]No way in hell does the rear hatch on an integra weigh 150lbs[/B], maybe 45lbs tops lol. The hood is about 20lbs at most. Honda body parts don't really weigh a whole lot, neither do interior pieces. The main exterior piece that would weigh much is the sunroof if you have one. I used to have a link to where some guy actually weighed each and every part on the different Honda chassis

That CF piece is nice though
My first thought exactly. I have a Cf hatch. It saves a few lbs, but the biggest weight reduction you can do back there is to go lexan instead of glass.

Also, JDP makes that hatch lip in ABS plastic as well and is around 60% of the cost of the CF unit.