Trunk Rattle ?!?

GS-RAW

I got a 2001 integra gsr with 2 12 inch kicker subs and whenever im playing my music loud the trunk rattles like crazy, ive cheaked my muffler and plates and tail lights but when i open my trunk it stops anybody got any suggestions??

slikk

Money Getter
Dynomat ??

try this... turn the muzik on and while its playing try to zero in on where exactly the rattleing is comming from.. try to hold down the area which where you think its comming from... also check you tool sand other that you have in the spare tire hole make sure all that is bolted down or have some soft cushion betweet them.

my next soultion is dont turn the music up so loud

GS-RAW

ive tried to zero in on it and it seems like the rattleing is coming from the trunk lid but i cant seem to find the exact point and its not the window wiper.

slikk

Money Getter
maybe its the pannels on the inside of the lid take them off and see whats happens

MoJoJoJo

Banned
simple, your trunk is light and with the subs you are pushing its making your trunk rattle, and if your sys. is off and it still rattles, then your trunk lid is lose. put dynomat on it for the subs you got, and check your lock on your trunk but with the extra weight of the dynomat that should solve the problem aswell, if it is lose then you only rattle if you go over a high bump, but other than that, the extra weight you've added should keep it down.

GS-RAW

MoJoJoJo said:
simple, your trunk is light and with the subs you are pushing its making your trunk rattle, and if your sys. is off and it still rattles, then your trunk lid is lose. put dynomat on it for the subs you got, and check your lock on your trunk but with the extra weight of the dynomat that should solve the problem aswell, if it is lose then you only rattle if you go over a high bump, but other than that, the extra weight you've added should keep it down.
were should i put the dynomat over the woofers or in the trunk lid ?

MoJoJoJo

Banned
the dynomat goes on the trunk lid, go to your local audio shop and they should be able to help u. they arent cheap hehe thats fo sure. your looking at about 200+ for a good dynomat setup.

209SpoonDC2

Best Buy sells the big Dynamat kits for $88.99 which is more than enough to line your trunk lid. Also try using the canned foam in the crevices where the Dynamat won't fit. The foam isn't great, but it should help when using the two together.