Trying to bring these back to life

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
So I found out a local scrapper had a gsr and called him about the wheels. I have 17s on now and hating them. So by the time I got to pick them up they had broke down the tires off it and thrown them on a trailer to be scrapped. I talked to the owner and he let me buy them for what they would scrap for. So now I have a set of beat up 98 gsr 15s. Any ideas on resurfacing, tire sizes, finish colors, ext. Here's a pic of my car, just let me know what color sceme you think would match and what tire size you prefer on a teggy. Thanks in advance

Swerve

Shawn
Paint that hood black. Black wheels. Tire size I prefer is 195/50/15 if lowered, if not idk prolly 195/60 odor something, post some close ups of the wheels

94RS

No fucks given.
Lets get a pic of the wheels to see how beat up they are.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Lets get a pic of the wheels to see how beat up they are.
They are pretty rough, but ill post pics of them I'm a minute
Paint that hood black. Black wheels. Tire size I prefer is 195/50/15 if lowered, if not idk prolly 195/60 odor something, post some close ups of the wheels
I'm at stock suspension ATM but eventually I will be doing coilovers and putting her pretty low. Wanting to go skunk2 but I don't have the budget for that

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
They are pretty dinged up but they aren't bent or chipped. Hopefully a lot of TLC will bring these back to life. I have a white hatch (emblems deleted) and a white hood. About to paint my roof white and most likely painting these white to match. What do y'all think?

94RS

No fucks given.
Those are LS mesh. GSR's had the 6 spoke blades or the earlier Fat 5's.

But pressure wash them to get all that grime off first, then either prep/paint them white like you said, or polish them. Polished mesh are time consuming like hell, but look damn good when finished.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Those are LS mesh. GSR's had the 6 spoke blades or the earlier Fat 5's.

But pressure wash them to get all that grime off first, then either prep/paint them white like you said, or polish them. Polished mesh are time consuming like hell, but look damn good when finished.
I'll pressure wash them this after noon and post close ups of damage. If I can polish it I will but if not I'll go with the white

SoundEfx

I have seen rims in worse condition.

If you were in WA, I could have hooked you up with some rim repair and have have them looking like new again.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
I have seen rims in worse condition.

If you were in WA, I could have hooked you up with some rim repair and have have them looking like new again.
If shipping wasn't outrageous I'd ship them to the shop. Any idea if I can sand it smooth with some 100g and then polish them?

SoundEfx

Trust me, I know about shipping cost to this corner of the country...lol.
I'm actually trying to work out a shipping plan or something for customers to increase sales.

Either way, when it comes to getting rid of the curb rashes properly, there are many techniques, but the fact is that material is gone, so you have to 'grind' down the high spots to even everything off.
Therefore the trick is to grind down to the lowest point of the 'groove' ( hope that made sense )

The other trick is to now make the rim even all the way around which involves grinding uncurb parts of the rim. This is done to help balance the rim as well as keep it looking good.
Just imagine a rim on a balance machine and while it's spinning, all you see is continuous waves....lol

That by itself is a process using various grits of sand paper, or flap disks on an angle grinder with surgeon like hands. When it comes to the polishing, it's almost the same process, but with much higher grit sand paper and rubbing and polishing compounds.

If you want a professional finish, it take alot of time and patience.