turbo? or not?

teg21

okay i seen an ebay turbo kit on ebay (lol) and was wondering if its worth it or just a waste of time?

Prozon

Kris
I've seen a lot of people have good luck with eBay turbo kits. As long as you know what you're doing and get a good tune you should be good. There are a few things you should get on your own, but for the price it can't really hurt. I just read a write up last night with somebody running an eBay turbo on a car and it's been going strong for well over two years now.

hidenplanvew

There junk for the price... You could just put your own turbo kit together for about the same price with quality parts... Got to remember that dosent include injectors and ecu... there turbo times are junk the turbo manifold is junk just pat one together

gs300cky

50/50 it can be good but you need to know what your getting or looking for. not the $300 kit

Prozon

Kris
Hidenplanvew, that's not true at all. A quality turbo kit will cost you over a grand. Hell I've seen turbo's ALONE selling for a grand. eBay turbo kits are what, $500? $600? Depends where you get them. And I've heard of a lot of people having good success. As well as the guy I stated who's been running the same turbo for over two years at 7psi and 13psi. Completely stock motor.

stormnorman

with the ebay turbo kit i advise getting a new BOV like blitz, new wastegate, know that you will have to cut the intercooler piping because its universal, turbo timer, turbo timer harness, and youre gonna have to tap in to your oil pan but ive haerd that they make ones now especially for the purpose - basically what your gonna have to replace or do when getting the kit. parts on the side include some sort of fuel management system, on my DA integra i had to half size my radiator(civic radiator -60 bucks new), smaller size battery(civic), gauges( oil pressure, boost, air/fuel), down pipe and cast iron mani ( some kits include these), wastegate dump pipe some people have this open others weld it into the exhaust, makes it quieter. i mean its easy if you know what youre doing but overall though if you want it reliable it all comes down to the tune. bought my kit for 600 on ebay. today is day 1 lol. i also agree with what prozon said

Prozon

Kris
So that means your finally done with the turbo? I don't think i'll have mine on before the meet. I just got my engine all worked out with the new transmission. I'm breaking in my motor right now.

stormnorman

Not really. i didnt want to F anything up lol so i payed my cousin about around 2g to help, install was 1500 and offered to make custom a custom dash so my boost guage, oil, air would be in the area of the ac vents in the middle, and then found out that i had a head gasket leak from the previous owner, to hide the leak when selling he duct taped a rag on the back of the engine i guess?. my cousin was under the car found it and we were like wtf? so then he charged me 250 to the the headgasket and offered to take the head to the machine shop to get it port polished and all that good stuff. and then 450 on the tune, he use to work at most of the major dealerships, did quite a bit his tuner days, and knew some people so i had quite a few hookups lol. i got my kit on ebay from origin motorsports. there all pretty much the same though. they sent me a godspeed set up. the only thing the it didnt include was the downpipe and turbo manifold. however if i knew it would of taken about three months i would of bought my cousins fully built b20 vtec. soo much hassle. but i started the set up prior to not knowing what i would need so i would be buying parts that weren't included, wait for shipping, same thing the next week, wait for shipping, wait for my pay check, order, wait for shipping. and on and on lol. so when you do a turbo build make sure you have everthing lol. it would of been soo much faster.

stormnorman

So that means your finally done with the turbo? I don't think i'll have mine on before the meet. I just got my engine all worked out with the new transmission. I'm breaking in my motor right now.
sort of. its drivable but i gotta work out a couple more tweaks, like welding my wastegate dumpipe into my exhaust cuz that crap is LOUD lol. and i have to get my oil feed line replaced, it was sitting on the dumpipe burned and deformed the metal so its leaking some oil so i have my boost set to about 4ibs right now to prolong it. hold on ill get a pic. oh and after they tuned it ny cousin went to a private test track with his buddies. basically it was him(my integra at 7ibs vs Evo MR vs WRX semi built vs Audi S4 stock. well i beat the evo...lol jk the evo and wrk smoked my car, and the audi was about a car behind.

stormnorman

well yeah but its cheaper than a shop. hes been giving me damn good deals. oh i forgot he also is fixing the body damage that my sister gave me which is include in the price above. its around 2 gs i had to pay him and then all those other numbers add up to around 2 gs. not 2gs + 1500+ ect, its 1500+250+450=

shades

i was thinking if i should turbo my 95 ls or just get another engine... i really wanted to look up the weight difference between having my b18b or a k20a engine and turbo the b18b vs the k20a. or should i get a b18c1 and turbo that? which would be lighter?