Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

R13

The other asshole
Yeah I was thinking something else, but then I asked myself "Why did he paint them if they were already red" which is when I realized they were silver, not red... so you painted them red, and replaced them with the factory ones. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Got a Saab coil cover off of eBay for cheap.

Bead blasted it at work earlier today, then tried to see if it would polish up.

Above the second hole up on the right is the bead blast, below is 400/600 grit and Blue Magic to see if anything would come from it.

Besides the casting marks still being visible, my fucking drill skipped off of the plate and cause this... I'm super picky about shit like this :lol:

Is there any low grit sandpaper that would smooth both the nick and the casting marks out?

R13

The other asshole
Why is it made so fucking poorly... :lol:

I would think 80 grit and a shit load of time and effort would get it out.

Send it to dlo and have him make a billet one :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
I figured out yesterday that they're covered with paint from the factory, so all those imperfections, high/low spots are filled in :lol:

Otherwise it looks like this

R13

The other asshole
That's some grade-A halfassing right there :lol: "Just fill in the imperfections with paint"

94RS

No fucks given.
This is GM we're talking about.... Remember they killed Saab because, just like that other Swedish car company, Saab didn't want to half ass things.

R13

The other asshole
That reminds me... friend of mine just got a newish Volvo wagon... fucking thing makes like 360ft/lbs of torque... his Volvo station wagon makes more torque than both of my big American v8's... talk about half-assing :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Volvo's have always had damn good engines. Those 5cyl's are weird, but relatively easy to squeeze power out of.

Look at the numbers on the old S60R. Damn near 300hp and almost identical TQ. From a 2.5L sedan :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
New SS emblem came in. Pretty much done as far as the interior goes. Just have to get the leather on the seat fixed at some point, and I wanna eventually have the wheel re-wrapped. But those are non-issues for now.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yes it is. Factory AutoMeter boost gauge.

Which they raised the psi when they changed to a turbo engine.

And then brought this crazy digital shit out in 09