Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

94RS

No fucks given.
Blacking out the chrome wouldn’t match anything. The chrome bezel still matches the wheels.... And a red bow tie just sounds like too much red :lol:

The shit instructions they originally gave said to just wedge the vinyl around the edges, which explains why it came off. I found a video that shows pulling off the center from the chrome outer with a heat gun and slightly overlapping the edges. So that’s the route I’ll be trying this time.

94RS

No fucks given.
Alternatively...

:rolf:

Nothing says “I’m a redneck” like a small coupe with a Swedish engine and transmission, most electronics made in Germany and is styled after sporty Japanese cars :lol:

R13

The other asshole
A rebadged cavalier basically :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Pretty much. I’m the weird bastard that likes a nicely done Cavalier though, sooo..... :lol:

It still confuses the shit out of most people though. Last week I drove it to the Christmas party at work, parked it where I could keep my eye on it. Apparently nobody seen me get out, because there was a group of about 5 people standing around it when I went to get something out of the car. They only ever see me in the van, so they didn’t know who it belonged to.

A few people thought it was only a year or two old and didn’t see the small “Cobalt” badge in the back, so they didn’t know wtf it was :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Meanwhile I see regular cobalts on a daily basis which would make me think no one would ever look twice :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.

They're a bit different... The SS badges and big ass wing are probably what get people looking :rolf:

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter

They're a bit different... The SS badges and big ass wing are probably what get people looking :rolf:
around here you can tell what is and what isnt a cobalt ss due to the amount of people who rice them out to claim they have a ss lol :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
around here you can tell what is and what isnt a cobalt ss due to the amount of people who rice them out to claim they have a ss lol :lol:
They might still have an SS even though it isn't boosted.... Chevy replaced with 2.2 with a 2.4 engine that had VVT (rated at about 170hp) and sold it as an SS alongside the supercharged ones. When the real SS swapped the supercharged engine for a turbo one, they renamed the 2.4 trim level "Sport"

Wheels on the 2.4 were identical to the ones on my car, except they were 17s instead of 18s. Had the sme bumpers, but the front and rear lips were missing, as was the high rise wing. To make it worse, not only did they offer it with an automatic, but it was also an option on the 4 doors... An actual boosted 4 door SS didn't show up until 09, and they're supposedly pretty rare.

94RS

No fucks given.
guess you can say they wanted to give the customers options :lol:

Or it was just Chevy being assholes putting the SS badge on whatever they could find. I mean hell, a fully loaded SS/SC like mine was only around 20k out the door. Why would you go for an N/A if you wanted the SS? :lol:

Anyway, I did a thing the other day....

R13

The other asshole
It’s weird seeing a 4cyl head with gaps between the cam lobes... used to seeing vtec lobes :lol: