Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

94RS

No fucks given.
Found plenty of them in junkyards... core support and the bottoms of the fenders were rusted out on all of them. And the resto parts companies like classic industries weren’t making any of the particular parts I needed even though they have them in their catalog.

I would call them about every month or two to check for over a year, even ordered a new core support and trans am fenders through Classic Industries, but they refunded me after 3 months, and up until the month I sold it they still didn’t have any stock laying around or coming in.
But did you check with YearOne? They’re usually the go to place for old GM’s

R13

The other asshole
Yeah they didn’t have anything either

The times were a bit different then though, it was like 2007 when I first started looking. Might be able to get all that shit on eBay or rockauto now [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah they didn’t have anything either

The times were a bit different then though, it was like 2007 when I first started looking. Might be able to get all that shit on eBay or rockauto now [emoji23]
But didn’t you sell that fucking thing right before you got your truck? That was like two years ago[emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I sold it around Christmas of 2014. I bought the mustang in September of 2014 and started the swap early ‘15 because the Firebird was in a million pieces in the garage [emoji23]

I got the truck in February of ‘16, I remember that vividly because I bought myself a truck on my mom’s birthday [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Should’ve put it on steelies and sold those American Racing Vectors to someone with a Charger or GMC van [emoji23]

But you got the truck like two days before I got the Buell.

R13

The other asshole
I sold the car to a friend thinking he’d keep it like he said he would and I’d buy it back later if he wanted to sell it... dickhead literally slapped it together and flipped it. I saw it driving down the road a couple of months later and I haven’t seen a trace of it since.

When the car was in one piece and sitting level with an engine in it those wheels looked damn good [emoji23]

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
An 11 year old Cobalt is a bit easier to get parts for than a 44 year old Buick [emoji23]

I’ll never have to worry about engine and trans parts since those were both sourced from the Saab 9-3, and now there’s a Swedish company that has the license to make OEM Saab parts and carry a lifetime warranty
true, jus sayin if u keep it long

94RS

No fucks given.
Bulbs sent out, hood blanket came in.

What I didn’t know before was that the white trim around the bow tie is made of that reflective shit on high viz clothing.... [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Excuse the filthy car, it’s been raining off and on for a month, so I’ve yet to wash it... ANYWAY [emoji23]

New Hikari-Philips chipset bulbs

The base is smaller than the old Cree chipset bulbs, so they were a pain in the dick to put in. Also, the fans are damn near silent compared to the Cree bulbs. I had to check multiple times to make sure they were running [emoji23]

Other than that, I found out K&N makes reusable cabin filters now.

A Fram Fresh Breeze (supposedly the best) runs $26 on this car... the K&N was $42, and $14 for the recharger kit. Figure I wash it once, and it paid for itself.

I put this one in last year right after I got the car, maybe 1600mi on it. Lately my a/c has barely been blowing on high and smelled like shit when you turned it on, so picture what a daily driven car would look like [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Neither of my ford’s even have cabin filters... not sure how that works. Might be why if you stick your finger in a vent it comes out black [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Dorman makes a kit, but it involves hacking up the glove box and heater box to install it [emoji90]

R13

The other asshole
I really don’t see a need for it. No debris or anything ever gets in the vents, at least nothing noticeable.

94RS

No fucks given.
Idk what’s going on with my car, but it randomly just wouldn’t start. Gave it a quick jump, ran to the bank, and starts up no problem now.

I’m hoping it’s just a bad battery and isn’t the new version of the Hikari’s....

Speaking of which.

Shitty pic, but it shows the brightness. In person, they color is more like a 5500k HID than how the pic looks.