Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

R13

The other asshole
The saab part is the good part [emoji23]

My mustang looks like hell, it’s so freckled from making the 36 mile trip to my gf’s once a week.

94RS

No fucks given.
The saab part is the good part [emoji23]

My mustang looks like hell, it’s so freckled from making the 36 mile trip to my gf’s once a week.

Majority of the car is Saab [emoji23]

Your car is freckled because Ford uses that top quality paint. Doesn’t matter how well you take care of it, it’s shit [emoji23]

looks impressive :cool:
Thanks buddy [emoji1303]

94RS

No fucks given.
Let’s hope this fixes the problem. I reeeeaaaalllly don’t wanna spend $200 on an actuator [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Well... wasn’t the boost gauge. That’s $60 wasted.

Only thing that’s left is either the boost actuator and bypass valve. Might as well replace them both

This is exactly what I mean when people ask me what’s so special about ford’s over chevy’s [emoji23] Every fucking Chevrolet or GM I’ve ever touched has cheap ass brittle rubber and plastics... meanwhile the ‘71 f100 in the back yard still has a fully intact original windshield washer reservoir and lines

Look at this shit. Brand fucking new hose.

R13

The other asshole
Doesn’t even look dry rotted, just looks like there’s more plastic in it than rubber.

Fuckin’ GM, inb4 the wiring starts falling apart.

94RS

No fucks given.
Doesn’t even look dry rotted, just looks like there’s more plastic in it than rubber.

Fuckin’ GM, inb4 the wiring starts falling apart.
Oh, it’s not dry rotted at all. I pulled it off the barb on the supercharger and it tore in half.

Hopefully the wiring holds out. Everything electrical on this car is made by Bosch in Germany, so I think I’m good. It’s the Mexican made AC Delco shit I’d worry about.

94RS

No fucks given.
Rather just fix it and not worry about if my shit is gonna fall apart [emoji23]

It’s fucked up though, the actuator for Cobalts and Ions is 160ish, yet the one for the 3800, which is somehow the same one for blown Ford Modulars, is like $45.

R13

The other asshole
Lower quality, higher price... sounds about right [emoji23]

Actually the ford one probably isn’t great itself.

94RS

No fucks given.
So... new boost actuator and bypass valve on, and now it’s running 3psi max. And it’s slow as shit [emoji1750]‍[emoji3603]

My supercharger still sounds healthy, like it’s whining up to full boost, no belt slippage, and I’m not throwing any codes or a check engine light. So my last guess is the PCM... [emoji1744]‍[emoji3603]

R13

The other asshole
What in the hell...

It’s just that time of the year... the ceo of gm is just up there smashing his “give all the old cars bizarre ass problems” button. Grandfather’s 97 S10 has ran great for years, the second I get in it last week, MAF and two EGR codes, which indicates a clogged cat, but you can clearly hear and feel the exhaust flow to know damn well the cat’s fine.

It also won’t get warmer than 130 degrees according to the ecu/pcm, and the engine is always touchable after you drive it...

But you can’t drive it because the damn thing will randomly just shut off. Fuckin chevy’s.