Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

94RS

No fucks given.
It’s the weirdest shit. Like after replacing the actuator and bypass valve, it idles way smoother than it ever has since I’ve owned it, though that could be the cooler weather. But it just won’t boost past 3-4psi. I read a few others had something similar happen, and the PCM was the problem. Of course, they had a few mods done to their cars.

Also on the “wtf is with this car” list, my battery keeps fucking dying. Idk if the PCM is has anything to do with it, or my LED headlights, underglow or interior lights are draining it. Everything is grounded properly [emoji1744]‍[emoji3603] . Could be that I don’t drive the car enough to get the alternator to charge the battery.. Idfk [emoji23]

Oh yeah, I think my intercooler pump might also be dead. That’s an easy, fairly cheap fix though. Actually, it’s the same exact pump that Lightning’s and Termi’s use [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
I always forget that I have a float charger sitting in the room I keep the XB [emoji23]

Only bitch about trying to put it on the Cobalt is that the battery is in the trunk under the floorboard. I don’t have the balls to risk my subwoofer getting stolen just to keep my battery charged [emoji1787]

R13

The other asshole
Get a quick connect if the one that comes with it isn’t long enough. That way you can leave everything like it’s supposed to be.

I put one on my lawn mower and my brothers 6banger because he always leaves it so long it dies.

94RS

No fucks given.
Jeez, I'm glad I'm not dealing with car issues like you guys are.
[emoji23] luckily I don’t need my car. I’ve only put like 1700-1800mi on it since I’ve owned it (May 2017).

I average around 1300mi per week at work in this thing, which I take home.

R13

The other asshole
Jeez, I'm glad I'm not dealing with car issues like you guys are.
It’s a Chevy thing [emoji23]

Although Stomp does need the radiator patched, and the stang needs tie rod ends... which are in a box in the passenger’s floor [emoji16]

94RS

No fucks given.
Wouldn’t my issues technically be a Saab thing? [emoji23]

Could be worse.... could be my fucking Integra.

R13

The other asshole
Let’s be real here... it’s because they’re the most reliable [emoji1787]

Except in Ty’s case because he’s hauling thousands of pounds on that terribly fragile 4r70w [emoji23]

I do once in awhile, but I wouldn’t if mine wasn’t beefed up.

94RS

No fucks given.
Speaking of which... I’m on my third transmission right now and probably gonna need a fourth soon.

Damn thing is squealing when changing gears with weight on it, because ya know... the fucking 4.6 doesn’t make shit for power down low. Hauling two crates at 1300lbs each 83mi one way doesn’t help it’s case [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Even under the power of the 2v mustangs they eat the friction discs. By 90-130k miles the fluid is black and they’re about toast.

Those transmissions are really only good to push around about 3500lbs total in a very casual daily driving scenario.

94RS

No fucks given.
.....I beat the fuck out of it daily, especially WITH weight since it goes nowhere [emoji23]

Glad I don’t pay for repairs [emoji1787]

R13

The other asshole
The 4.6 is so gutless under a load, it’s pathetic [emoji23]

When I finally pull the engine out of my truck for a rebuild I’m hoping I can afford a decent small turbo kit for it. I don’t want crazy power numbers, but that bitch needs some help because you can’t pass people on the highway [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
This fucking thing....

New PCM came in today. Battery was dead before I could even unlock the car. Started right up with a jump box (original PCM). Turn off then try to start it again, no power to anything.

Pull out battery and place on charger, says it’s at about 80%... Hook it back to car, fucking nothing until the jump box is connected. I’m gonna be super fucking pissed if I wasted all this god damn money on new blower parts and a PCM, and my problem turns out to be a dead cell in the 5 month old battery.