Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

94RS

No fucks given.
Alright, battery turned out to be good after testing it at a different advance with people that aren’t stupid assholes [emoji23] Took it home, put a quick charge to get it full, then trickle charge overnight.

New PCM and battery back in, did the relearn thing that requires key on, but not started, for 10min then off three times.... And I’m back to 12.5psi and wheelspin in 2nd gear. Only thing is a CEL for the crank position sensor that a dealership will need to do a relearn on, but I already knew about that.

Now we wait a few days to see if the battery drains or not. I’m thinking a relay inside the original PCM was sticking and burned some shit up which limited the boost.

94RS

No fucks given.
So the fucking drivers headlight started flickering again last night. Ordered the resistors that Hikari makes, hopefully that sorts it out.

Random pic for attention [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
So these fixed the flickering issue, at least for now... The male pins in the one end of the connector are flimsy as shit though. They actually bent on the passenger headlight when I installed them and I didn’t realize til I tried turning on the lights and got nothing.

94RS

No fucks given.
Decided to go turbo. No big deal.

R13

The other asshole
Leave it to Chevy to make the intercooler pump plastic... then again that’s not much dumber than ford putting the alternator on the termi’s down next to the exhaust manifolds, which ironically is the cause of their main/most common issue = Alternator failure.

94RS

No fucks given.
Intercooler pump, not the water pump [emoji23]

And blame Bosch for that, not Chevy. But that’s literally the exact same intercooler pump found on Terminators, GT500s and Lightning’s.... Just cheaper to buy it in the Bosch box ($89) vs the GM ($190) or Ford Racing box ($140).

94RS

No fucks given.
Damn I read it wrong [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
If it makes you feel better it took me 4 days to realize I ordered a tube for my rear tire... I already replaced that one... the front one was the flat one [emoji23]

Even then... intercoolers get hot as fuck since it’s basically exhaust heat. Although I suppose the idea there is that plastic doesn’t absorb and spread heat as much as steel/aluminum.

94RS

No fucks given.
It’s an air to water intercooler. Exhaust doesn’t come anywhere near it. [emoji23]

Basic layout, but mine uses a roots type blower instead of centrifugal

R13

The other asshole
[emoji23] I was thinking turbos, I forgot it’s just a water cooled intake.

Speaking of plastic though... I took my gf to work recently and stumbled on a little car show...

If it works it works, but my god... as beautiful as the gt350 is... the best they can do is painted valve cover trim plates?

R13

The other asshole
It’s not even nice plastic, it’s that cheap black shit that’s usually found in the form of tables that the house plants are sitting on in the garden section of homedepot.

94RS

No fucks given.
The black valve covers actually wouldn’t be so bad if the coil covers were silver ribbed and had “COBRA” across them like the 60s GT350 instead of looking identical to what the 5.0’s use.

R13

The other asshole
Wouldn’t hurt to put the manifold covers back on them

Little too much red, but some paint goes a long way too

94RS

No fucks given.
New IC pump in and what a fucking pain in the dick. Someone at GM, in their infinite wisdom, decided that the spring clamps that hold the coolant hoses on the pump needed to be glued onto the hose. But not only are the clamps glued, the fucking hoses are also glued onto the pump.

Ended up cutting the glued parts of the hoses off (there was enough extra length) and forcing the clamps off once I got the old pump out. New pump in, it's flowing fast as hell... which means my old IC pump has been dead since I bought the car nearly two years ago. Luckily I barely drive the car, and never long enough to do any damage, but fuck me for not realizing sooner lol