Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

R13

The other asshole
Can that system overheat? On a race car yeah, but I’d imagine a street car would be fine as long as it was below 90 outside.

Then again I barely know fuck all about forced induction [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
It's not that the system itself overheats, but the IAT2 temperature (air temp after the blower, before the engine) will rise up. Basically making the supercharger a forced hot air intake.

If that IAT2 gets hot enough, the PCM will pull timing to prevent detonation. But I maybe drive my car 10mi every 3 weeks or so, so I'm guessing I'm good.

94RS

No fucks given.
Can that system overheat? On a race car yeah, but I’d imagine a street car would be fine as long as it was below 90 outside.

Then again I barely know fuck all about forced induction [emoji23]

Remember where I live.

R13

The other asshole
Alligators, humidity, and 90+ temperatures? Fuck Florida [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Hey now... gator is delicious [emoji23]

Hot and humid is definitely a bitch though.

94RS

No fucks given.
Alright, I’m fucking pissed at the cheap ass previous owner.

Raised the car up to check on the connector of the intercooler pump (making sure it was nice and tight), look over and see this on the strut bodies.

Those are Monroe Quick Struts, OEM strut/spring replacements that are only made for FE1 (base model) suspensions. My car is supposed to have the FE5 suspension, the one they developed on the Nurburgring. Instead I’ve got the “comfort” bullshit. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

94RS

No fucks given.
Of course multiple things go wrong at once.... Got an exhaust leak now.

Apparently the flex pipe is a common thing that goes wrong, but idfk. That got me looking into a header/downpipe replacement, which in turn got me looking at a full exhaust [emoji23]

Sadly, almost everything sounds like a straight pipe D16. Though a full catted/resonated 2.5in ZZP (they do a bunch of GM platforms) setup sounds halfway decent

Also, the fucking suspension... the SS/TC shocks/struts are still made, but of course the springs are discontinued. So I’m thinking I may get the Eibach Pro-Kit instead of someone’s used shit. Sits at stock height up front and lowers the back only half an inch.

R13

The other asshole
Ah don’t ya just love when you find a special version of a car and as you start looking you find a bunch of base model shit on it?

That exhaust sounds pretty decent, not raspy or cringey really, but has a bit of volume.

Can’t go wrong with a pro-kit, I’ve considered getting one for the stang.

94RS

No fucks given.
Well... you know how I am when it comes to shit like that. If I'm replacing one thing, might as well replace it all lol

And then of course, just the random small shit to go with new suspension.

1566 1564

94RS

No fucks given.
Got everything except the miscellaneous suspension parts that needed to be special ordered from GM.

Fucking resonator is longer than the muffler itself [emoji23]

Reactions: R13

94RS

No fucks given.
Original exhaust system out.

Had to cut the piping at the axle (didn’t want to) to get it out, otherwise I would have had to drop the entire axle.

In the process of that, I noticed this shit... (hadn’t planned on doing suspension today)

Bump stop was dry rotted to shit on the drivers side and completely missing from the passenger side. There’s also supposed to be a thick rubber gasket (lack of better word) at the top... and it’s missing on both sides.

Was gonna put it all back together with the new parts, but somehow fucked up my left foot and it’s swollen as hell. Car is sitting on jack stands with no rear suspension, rear wheels or exhaust system. Like a proper white trash yard [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
How does gm manage to find such shitty rubber? The ‘72 ford in my backyard has better rubber than that...

94RS

No fucks given.
Was gonna put it all back together with the new parts, but somehow fucked up my left foot and it’s swollen as hell.
Yeah, so that turned out to be an infected bug bite or something. I went to an urgent care clinic last Monday who said I should go to a hospital if the antibiotics they gave me didn’t do shit within 24hrs... so I went to a hospital Tuesday, had surgery Wednesday and got back home this Monday.

Now I’ve got a hole in top of my foot that I have to keep packing/wrapping and taking antibiotics til the end of the month, and I have no idea when I can go back to work.... while my senile boss is threatening not to pay me (sick leave) or even give me my vacation pay.

R13

The other asshole
Oh lovely... sounds almost like a recluse bite, or maybe a fairly bad black widow bite.