URGENT: What did I get myself into?

keepthecrown

You're gunna need new studs and nuts. You can get them off of a Honda website. You can get colored nuts off of ebay. Put a screw driver in between the head and vc. Pry up but be very easy on it. Spin the nut. It'll take a little but it will work.

Like this?

zack11122

I had to use a wrench. If you can't do that one move on to the next. If that's left last it will be easier to get my pressure on it.

keepthecrown

The majority of bolts on the valve won't come out and I'll have to get it checked out this sunday when I go to the shop

There is some type of rybber around the spark plug and its blocking me from getting it out

Nick_C78

Pry out the rubber with a long skinny flat head or coat hanger wire...or you could try a shop vac and might get lucky.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
with the valve cover, sounds like your studs that mount to the block is stripped.
See if you can get a couple more hands and flat head screwdrivers and sockets. Try to pry it all up at the same time

keepthecrown

with the valve cover, sounds like your studs that mount to the block is stripped.
See if you can get a couple more hands and flat head screwdrivers and sockets. Try to pry it all up at the same time
Gonna try that next but I had to buy some pbblaster to put inside the cylinders because the spark plugs will not budge gonna let it sit in overnight and try again tomorrow

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
lol. people don't understand, when tightening the plugs, its supposed to be finger tight, if they don't have a torque wrench. The screw it on, like its holding a building or something.

My friend was doing a tune up on his Yota. First time, since he bought it. The PO did the same thing and I swore, he was going to blow a blood vessel in his temple to remove it. I told him, why not use a extended pipe on the end of the ratchet...:roll:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
lol. I guess people read things like its written. I didn't mean actual finger tight. just tight enough where it can be easily removed

keepthecrown

Snapped the 10mm stud that goes over the fuel fliter and now its leaking does anyone know the part number for the 10mm aswell as the 19mm bolt that it's stuck in?

Last edited: